The power of Mother nature has been revealed on many occasions, offering its help when needed. Although the scientists are already working on different treatment plans for many conditions, it seems that there are just as much natural remedies that can help us as well. In the following article, we will discuss the appearance of a condition called Leucoderma or Vitiligo. This condition although may not be as dangerous as others, often it does create many appearance problems and self-confidence problems as a result. This is the exact reason why we have decided to share some of the best natural remedies for this condition as well as share some of the crucial facts about it for those of you who are first hearing about this condition right now. Let’s start!
Leucoderma – Causes and Symptoms
As you probably know, melanin is the name of the pigment that is responsible for the color of our skin. What Leucoderma or Vitiligo is, it is a condition that causes the destruction of the cells of this pigment, resulting in white patches or spots to appear on the skin. This, unfortunately, it is a chronic condition that although it does start on the smaller areas on the skin, it does work its way up spreading all over our body. Unfortunately, there is no exact reason that explains the appearance of this condition. Instead of, some specific conditions and stress are listed as triggers for this disease. When it comes to the symptoms, we already mentioned the main symptom – white patches on the skin, most commonly around the areas which are usually exposed to the sun – face, arms, hands, lips and etc. But there are other symptoms as well – e.g. gray eyelashes, beard, hair, loss of color of the mucosal membranes and loss of the color of the retina.
Which are The Best Home Remedies for Leucoderma?
There are different treatment options for Leucoderma – e.g. surgical, homeopathic, pharmaceutical and herbal. Although none of the herbal remedies have yet been scientifically supported, their effectiveness has been supported by many of its users. Although the herbal remedies cannot completely cure* this condition, they can decrease* the visible symptoms, which is what the patients require. Let’s see what herbal remedies you can use for this purpose!
1. Increase* your intake of copper and zinc – There are studies that confirm the effects of zinc and copper when it comes to preserving and improving* the health of your skin. As a matter of fact, there is a hypothesis that suggests that zinc can really do help you by decreasing* the visible symptoms of Leucoderma. It is believed that copper stimulates the melanocytes to produce more melanin which helps to decrease* the visible white patches on your skin. We would suggest starting drinking water that you have previously stored in a copper pitcher overnight. You should see the results after six months.
2. Basil and Lime – Mix basil with a few drops of lime juice and apply it to your affected areas for six months, three times a day. You will notice the first results after only a month!
3. Turmeric and mustard oil – Mix 250 ml of mustard oil with five tablespoons of turmeric to get a mixture that you will later apply for six months on your affected areas.
4. Coconut oil – Since coconut oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties, you should apply it in its pure form to your affected areas to improve* the health of your skin.
5. Radish seeds and vinegar – Soak the radish seeds in vinegar and leave it overnight. In the morning, apply the paste to your affected areas and leave it up to two hours to dry completely.
6. Red clay – Red clay contains high amounts of copper what makes it a perfect herbal remedy that you can use. Mix the clay with ginger juice and apply it to the affected areas once a day. The red clay will promote re-pigmentation while the ginger juice will increase* the blood flow to the skin.
7. Change your diet – It is not uncommon for Leucoderma to be caused by nutritional deficiency. It is why a proper diet is among the most important things that you need to watch over, especially if your Leucoderma is caused by a nutritional deficiency. Vitamin B9 and Vitamin B12 have been actually confirmed to improve* the health condition of patients diagnosed with Vitiligo.
8. Sunscreen as your new best friend – Apply sunscreen before you exposes yourself to the sun. UVA and UVB have been listed among the most common triggers for Leucoderma, which is the way it is very important to protect your skin from the harmful sunlight during the day.
If you are dealing with Vitiligo, we have some tricks up our sleeves that are supposed to help you fight this condition. Although it might not be a life threatening condition, it often creates many self-confidence problems for the patients as the have to learn to live with their skin being covered up with white spots or patches. If you are currently suffering from this condition, try these natural remedies that we have prepare for you and patiently wait to see the results, as most of the do take up to six months to show their results! Do not hesitate to try something different!