What Is National Impotence Day?
National Impotence Day is a yearly health event for raising awareness of erectile dysfunction (ED) not just among the public but health professionals as well.
The problem is that many do not know what impotence is including health professionals who don’t know the different signs and symptoms of the common condition.
Erectile dysfunction or impotence is defined as the persistent or recurrent inability of a man to attain or maintain an erection enough to complete sexual intercourse or other sexual acts.
What You Need To Know About ED?
It is estimated that approximately one in ten men or 10% of the population suffers from ED. The condition is more common in aging men over the age of 40 and incidence typically increases as the patient ages.
There are different causes of ED but the most common is connected to aging and the changes that occur as a man grows older. Studies indicate that it can also be a symptom of an underlying disease like hypertension, heart disease, and diabetes.
In other cases, it can be due to psychological issues like stress and anxiety. It can also be a combination of physical and psychological factors.
The signs and symptoms of ED include not being unable to keep an erection adequate for sexual activity.
This is the defining mark of the ED. It may develop gradually and persistently or only occur occasionally but in some cases, it develops suddenly. Treatment for ED depends mostly on the actual cause of the problem.
For example, if the problem is psychological in nature than the common treatment is psychotherapy. Drug therapy is also a popular treatment option and this is by far the most popular. In some cases, healthy lifestyle changes can help with treatment.
This includes losing excess weight, reducing alcohol intake and stopping smoking. Take note that medications currently being taken may also be adjusted or alternative drugs may be prescribed. Certain medications can cause ED like blood pressure drugs, anti-allergies, antidepressants, and sedatives.
Purpose of National Impotence Day
The primary purpose of National Impotence Day is to spread awareness of impotence or erectile dysfunction (ED).
It is an embarrassing condition so many people suffering from the problem don’t seek help that makes them miserable and has different emotional, psychological and social effects.
The event also aims to educate the public about the problem including its causes, signs and symptoms, treatments, etc. It is also for informing the public that it is okay to have the problem and there are different treatments available.
The most important step of someone suffering from ED is to consult a health care professional for the proper diagnosis and necessary treatment. As previously stated, the event is not just for raising awareness of the public but to educate health care professionals as well.
What Can You Do on National Impotence Day?
- Use social media to spread awareness of impotence or ED.
- Help inform the public that Valentine’s Day is also National Impotence Day.
- • Launch a counseling center and hotline for informing the public about impotence.
- Post vital information regarding impotence using social media.
- Organize a press conference that convenes key figures in the local health sector.
- Produce a video about impotence and get it broadcasted in your local television station.
- Host a live video broadcast with experts to educate the public about impotence and answer their questions.
- Engage different key figures in your city to raise awareness about impotence. You can partner with sectors like the local health unit or public transportation system to disseminate flyers with important impotence information.
- Organize a fundraising event for supporting organizations that spread awareness about impotence.
- Host an event that raises awareness about the healthy lifestyle changes that can help prevent or control impotence.
- Start a local organization for spreading erectile dysfunction awareness.
- Partner with leaders and key actors in your community to organize a free seminar that provides relevant information on ED.
- Feature a press article about ED in your local or national newspaper.
Must Watch – Dr. William O.Brant, MD Facs-Urologist at The University Of Utah Discuss About Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Message of National Impotence Day
It is okay to suffer from impotence or ED and it is very common. In fact, about 10% of men suffer from an embarrassing problem.
You have to take action if you want to be treated, and the good news is that ED is highly curable. You just need to enough courage to seek professional help that will help you get the right diagnosis and proper treatment.
If you or anyone you know are experiencing the signs and symptoms of ED, you need to consult your physician or encourage them to consult their physician.