What is Alopecia and What are the Causes of Alopecia?
Alopecia Areata is an autoimmune disorder that attacks hair follicles. The amount of hair loss is different in each individual. Some lose big clumps while others lose it in smaller spots.
Many notice clumps of hair falling out in the shower, on their pillow when waking in the morning, or while brushing.
Alopecia currently doesn’t have a cure, but that doesn’t mean many cannot recover. Some can experience temporary regrowth and others can sometimes experience permanent regrowth.
Some common treatments for Alopecia are as follows:
While some of these treatments can be extensive, extreme and sometimes even painful, there are also some great preventative tips you can use that prevent hair loss or thinning in the future as well as protect what you’ve already got!
These tips work great for anyone – not just those who struggle with Alopecia!
9 Tips to Prevent Hair Loss
2. Wear Scarves and Hats to Protect Hair While Out in the Sun. Preventing hair damage can go along way in saving it and keeping it healthy, so it’s less likely to fall out! The sun while warm and lovely can be very damaging to skin and hair. Keep hair covered when out in the sun to help protect it from further damage.
3. Use a Mild Shampoo. Mild shampoos are more gentle on the scalp and less likely to cause dryness and breakage to hair than regular, more harsh shampoos.
4. Avoid Brushing Hair when it’s Wet. Wet hair is more likely to break. Instead, use a moisturizing mask and wrap hair up for the night. Rinse in the AM, and wait until hair is dry to brush. Avoid using hot styling tools as much as possible.
5. Take Biotin to Help Hair Grow Healthy, Thicker, and Stronger too, which will also cause it to be less broken off and thinned out. Be sure to keep taking regularly for it to work its magic. Biotin can take six months to a year before you can start to see the full effects when it comes to your hair!
6. Treat the Scalp with Moisturizing Products, Root Treatments, and Essential Oils. This is another great way to literally start at the root of the problem. A healthy, moisturized scalp will grow healthy, moisturized hair.
7. Drink Lots of Water. Like keeping the scalp moisturized, keeping your body hydrated will also have a more positive effect on hair growth.
8. Sleep with Hair-Wrapped in a Silk Scarf or on a Silk Pillow. The smooth, soft fibers of silk help prevent further rubbing of hair while sleeping, keeping it protected from further damage or loss.
9. Use Hair Products that will Help Strengthen and Condition hair, as well as Add Volume and Naturally Enrich it with Hair-Health Vitamins. Some great products to try are the Beautopia Hair Swell Volume Full Body Mousse or the Beautopia Swell Volume Fat Hair Cream.
The Beautopia Hair Swell Volume Collection allows thinning, flat, fine hair to appear fuller and more voluminous too. These products contain Kaolin Clay, which thickens the diameter of each hair shaft. Perfect for those who want to create a sexy voluminous blowout.
Prevention can go along way in keeping hair healthy, strong, voluminous, and still connected to your head! Use the tips above and remember to protect hair from anything that will damage it – like the sun and hot styling tools.
Keep the scalp moisturized, sleep with a scarf or on a silk pillow, and use moisturizing hair products and masks when possible to keep hair hydrated and don’t forget to drink that water!