Ketogenic diets — or “going keto” — gets fantastic results. Celebrities and other A-list stars confirm this, and I see it all the time among my clients.
When these women eat a diet high in healthy fats, moderate in protein, and very low in carbohydrates, they drop weight fast. Their insulin and blood sugar levels stabilize. They don’t struggle with awful hunger pangs and cravings anymore that sabotaged their weight loss efforts in the past.
And if they’re struggling with the hormonal craziness of menopause, they balance those hormones and feel better. (What’s going on with those hormones and how can you fix them? I’ll show you how in my free e-book here.)
Here’s where I ran into a wall with traditional keto.
When, as a physician, I put my women patients on a low carb or ketogenic diet—a diet that’s high in good fats, moderate in protein, and very low in carbohydrates— they often got great results including better-regulated insulin and blood sugar.
But invariably, my perimenopausal and menopausal clients would complain about feeling miserable and cranky, and they’d go off the diet. I understood why. I felt the same way on a keto diet—I call it going “keto crazy.”
This told me that something was clearly missing from keto diets. Being naturally curious, I wanted to know what it was. Raising four daughters and running a busy practice, I certainly couldn’t afford brain fog nor keto-craziness!
So I became determined to fix this glitch. I knew there had to be some way to get all the fabulous perks of keto without the mood-sabotaging downsides.
I found the answer in an unusual place: An obscure journal article published in 1924 in the Biochemical Journal from the Biochemical Laboratory in Cambridge, England. While it was a rat study, I interpreted their findings (nearly a century old) as the key to these keto-related problems my clients and I struggle with today!
The big reveal in that article: To optimize a ketogenic diet, you need to make it more alkaline.
Had I stumbled on the missing factor in keto diets?
After all, when you stay in ketosis too long, your body becomes acidic. I see this happen all the time with women. The chronic inflammation that ensues forces your body to hold on to its fat stores and eventually, weight loss comes to a grinding halt.
But when you add more alkaline foods into the diet, things shift:
- Fat burning increases
- You preserve lean muscle
- You have stronger bones
- You have a healthier heart
- Pain decreases
- You optimize minerals and other crucial nutrients
- You improve detoxification
Based on that understanding, I completely revamped my keto diet. I added more alkalinizing low-carbohydrate foods into the mix: Foods like beet greens, kales, chard, dandelion leaves, parsley, most other non-starchy vegetables, and especially the breast healthy cruciferous vegetables.
I also added herbs like maca and some occasional fruits. And I tested urinary pH to make sure we were seeing the beneficial alkalinizing effects in our urine (a marker of health).
Nothing like this had ever been done before.
Voila! I found what I believe might be the most effective diet on the planet. I had never seen anything like this before.
And I never saw results like this, so quickly. Like magic, but based on science.
My clients, who struggled with fluctuating hormones and miserable menopausal symptoms, suddenly felt better. They reached their ideal weight. They sustained better energy throughout the day. Some told me it was like hitting the reset button on their libido.
I called my plan the Keto-Green™ Diet. Now I want to share it with you in The Hormone Fix.
My new book gives a complete plan to get into ketosis and into alkalinity at the same time. This is the key that traditional ketogenic diets overlook.
To help you do that, I’ll share my 10-day detox plan that helps you lose fat, boost your energy and sex drive, and feel better quickly.
If you’re like me, you’re eager to get started right away. So let me give you some strategies to
make your body more alkaline while you’re doing keto:
- Drink a large glass of warm water first thing in the morning – Add ½ teaspoon lemon juice, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ to 1 tablespoon unfiltered apple cider vinegar, and 1 pinch cayenne pepper. All of this stimulates alkalinity and detoxification.
- Eat more non-starchy vegetables – Especially green leafy and other non-starchy veggies including beet greens, kales, chard, dandelion leaves, and parsley. Don’t forget microgreens too like broccoli sprouts, a powerful nutritious boost! Add them to shakes, salads, and soups.
- Drink bone broth or alkaline broth – Most clients love bone broth, but I also formulated an alkalinizing broth (with only vegetables) for vegans and vegetarians. I provide easy-to-make recipes for both in The Hormone Fix.
- Add a probiotic if you are constipated – Constipation often signals acidity. A probiotic supplement can help. I also use magnesium, vitamin C, and a fiber supplement until you have daily bowel movements. This is so important for detoxification and hormone balance.
- Get your zzz’s – Quality sleep goes hand-in-hand with staying alkaline. Aim for at least 8 hours of quality sleep every night.
- Boost oxytocin – I love this hormone so much that I devoted a whole chapter in The Hormone Fix to it! You release oxytocin when you hug, love someone, or have an orgasm. Oxytocin provides alkalizing benefits. So do your healthy relationships!
- Test your urinary pH – Remember, our blood pH is constant and rarely fluctuates. Urinary pH, on the other hand, is like a thermostat telling us what is working for or against us. Testing your urinary pH can tell how successful you’re doing on the plan. Test first thing in the morning and periodically throughout the day. Keep that number at or above 7.0, which means your body is alkaline.
- Remember that ketosis is only half the equation – Going alkaline is the fastest route to get slimmer, sexier, have more energy, and balance your hormones. The more alkaline you are, the healthier you’ll feel. Then get into ketosis with the strategies I teach in my book, The Hormone Fix.
I’ve got so much more to share. I can’t wait to tell you all my secrets to balance your hormones, hit your ideal weight, reclaim your fountain of youth, and dial in your sexiest, most confident self.
I’ve helped thousands of women hit those goals with my Keto-Green™ diet. Now I want to help you with The Hormone Fix. When you pre-order your copy of The Hormone Fix you’ll get all the tools you need for fast, lasting weight loss without the struggle, constant hunger, and other obstacles you may have experienced with past diet plans. PLUS, you 9 great bonuses (valued at over $200) when you pre-order today, including:
- Staying Keto-Green on the Go – Tools, and tricks to stay Keto-Green while you’re on the go – be it across town or across the country.
- Keto-Green Recipe Cards – There’s no such thing as too many recipes…
- It’s Not Your Husband… It’s Your Hormones! – Watch this video to learn about how your monthly cycle affects your mood and libido
- PLUS 6 more bonuses include free lab panel, fantastic olive oil and more…