It’s apparent that herbal tea deals with several health complications that are common in today’s world. While studies continue being conducted all over the world, there is a pile up of many health benefits that you can get by simply drinking herbal tea. There exist different types of herbal teas of which each has a role to play in the human body. Here are 6 benefits of herbal tea:
- Green Tea: Studies have shown that green tea can help dieters lose* weight faster. It improves* metabolism and speeds up fat oxidation thanks to its caffeine content.
- Chamomile Tea: insomniacs can now get relief from drinking herbal tea from chamomile. It’s been shown that it enhances* the brain chemicals that control sleep-wake cycle. It also has anti-anxiety effects and helps in relaxation credit to a flavonoid compound known as apedenin.
Treats* Common Cold
- Elderflower Tea: This sounds good news in cold seasons. This has been used as a mouthwash for coughs, colds and flu. It also helps in the maintenance of healthy sinuses and treating sinusitis.
- Lemon Balm Tea: Derived from thiamine, it’s been found to be effective as a quick relief from anxiety and stress. Also, it helps in sleep without the need of tranquilizers. It is a great way to relax after a stressful day from work.
- Ginger Tea: It has been found to be a great way to improve* digestion, lessen stomach gas and flatulence. Additionally, it can help deal with heartburn credit to its ability to improve* the function of lower esophageal sphincter to prevent acid reflux.
- Peppermint Tea: Peppermint has many health benefits and this is good news to pregnant moms as it is safe for use during pregnancy. It helps deal with indigestion which sometimes triggers nausea and vomiting. It also deals with irritable bowel syndrome.