Wouldn’t you want to live healthy beyond sixty and still feel as young and strong like in your 30s? Is this even possible? Yes it is if you decide to start making healthy lifestyle changes this very second. Every person will grow old but there are some whose bodies age faster because of their poor lifestyle.
If you want to feel young and healthy beyond sixty, here are great tips to follow:
- Change Lifestyle – Do you eat junk food, drink alcohol, smoke and eat fast foods? It seems like you are signing your death certificate already. If you want to live healthily even in your 60’s, you have to start making drastic lifestyle changes. Otherwise, you will start to feel the negative effects of your lifestyle before you even reach this age.
- Eat the Right Foods – If you have been avoiding fruits and vegetables, it is time to welcome them in your dining table again. Fruits and vegetables are high in vitamins and minerals. You have to eat the right amount of carbohydrates and proteins every day. You shouldn’t avoid fat altogether because you still need unsaturated fats to keep your heart healthy.
- Drinking Water – Water is the secret of your youth. Water keeps the body hydrated which prevents dry skin. Humans cannot survive without food but can survive with just drinking water. This just shows how important water is for the body. Water helps flush away the toxins in the body which aids* cells and organs to function properly.
- Good Sleep – The body needs quality rest. This means that you should sleep 7 to 8 hours a day. Sleep is the only time the body can rest after a long day of work. This will help the body recuperate and re-energize. Not getting enough sleep causes restlessness, fatigue and can lead to other serious health complications. Remember, a tired body will make you look older than your age.
- Physical Activity – Regular exercise is very important to keep the healthy beyond sixty. You don’t have to lift heavy weights or run marathons just to ensure youth and health when you grow old. Just make sure the body getting a workout and sweating to burn fats and calories. Go for a 30-minutes walk, run few meters every day or go dancing. Exercise should be fun to keep you motivated.
- Life Balance – It is important to separate personal life with work life. Leave your work at the office and focus on your family when you get back home. Bringing work with you means being stressed out the whole day rather than enjoying the company of your spouse and children.
To live happy and healthy beyond 60, you need commitment and dedication to be healthy. On top of that, you need to wear a smile as much as you can. Laugh like you’ve never laughed before and you will see that you will age gracefully and healthily.