While you are working on getting the body of your dreams, a little help in the form of a supplement can be welcomed. If you are against using any kind of chemicals that might be harmful when it comes to your health and decrease the results that you have been working on, not to worry.
Why do you ask?
Because not all supplements should be avoided. This one supplement for example – the Nitric oxide boosters supplements, should be left to play its role in your training plan as it will bring you closer to your body of your dreams.
And if you are questioning this possibility, stay with us until the end of our article and find out everything that you want to know about the Nitric oxide boosters supplements and by the end of our article, you can decide if this is the right supplement for you or not! Let’s not lose any more time and get onto working!
What are the Nitric Oxide Booster Supplements?
Before we go ahead with explaining what the Nitric oxide boosters supplements are, let’s define what Nitric oxide is. But, before we start we need to remind you not to confuse the Nitric oxide with a Nitrous oxide which is a gas that is normally used as an anesthetic at your dentist’s office.
Nitric oxide is a gas which normally exists in our body and has a unique function as a cellular signaling molecule with its most important function as a vasodilator, which means that this compound is one of the compounds that regulates your blood flow by dilating your blood vessels. But if you thought that by taking the Nitric oxide boosters supplements, you are taking in the Nitric oxide, you are wrong.
Instead of these supplements contain two or more forms of the amino acid arginine which the enzymes in our body break down in order to produce Nitric oxide. So by taking the Nitric oxide boosters supplements, you will boost your Nitric oxide levels and your body will benefit from it. But what are the benefits to be exact?
What are the Benefits from Using the Nitric Oxide Boosters?
- It will improve your blood flow – as we mentioned before, probably the most important function of the Nitric oxide gas is its role as a vasodilator. And after a research published in the Journal of Sports Medicine confirmed that the amino acid arginine supplements can successfully boost the levels of Nitric oxide in the body, another research published in the Journal of Nutrition confirmed its role as a vasodilator. This means that Nitric acid successfully improves the blood flow, and you know how important healthy blood flow is when you are working out.
- It will shorten the recovery time – a healthy blood flow will make sure that your muscles are getting all the nutrients that they need in order to recover fast and efficiently! If you shorten the recovery time as your muscles will heal more quickly, you will get the chance to spend more time at the gym and you know what that means – quicker results!
- It will help you fight fatigue – If there is one thing that we can guarantee, that is the limiting factor that fatigue is when it comes to working out. As you may not, while you are working out, your oxygen levels start to drop and lactic acid starts to form in your muscles. This leads to fatigue which will effectively shorten the time that you spend at the gym. But, fatigue does not stand a chance against the Nitric oxide since the Nitric oxide will improve your blood flow and with that the level of oxygen, making sure that your muscles get all the oxygen that they need!
- The Arginine amino acid has the ability to increase the production of the growth hormone as a response to exercising – and the increased production of the growth hormone is what you seek if you are interested to gain more muscle mass!
- Nitric oxide will increase the amount of burned fat – A research published in the American Journal of Physiology confirmed that higher levels of Nitric oxide are related to higher rate of glucose appearance, disappearance, and clearance. This means that the Nitric oxide will help you get rid of that extra body fat as a result of your increased glucose metabolism.
What are the Possible Side Effects?
Although the beneficial effects of the Nitric oxide boosters supplements might look attractive to you, you need to think about the possible side effects that have been reported after using the Nitric oxide boosters supplements.
- Frequent urination;
- Reduced levels of dopamine which may result in either decreased motivation, trouble sleeping and trouble with your short and long memory;
- Zinc deficiencies – which might result in diarrhea, impotence, and decreased appetite;
- Nausea and abdominal pain;
- Low blood pressure – since nitric oxide improves your blood flow and decreases your blood pressure, it can easily decrease your already low blood pressure and create additional problems. If you are suffering from low blood pressure and you want to start consuming the Nitric oxide supplements, consult your doctor first;
- Different side effects can be expected in Nitric oxide is consumed while taking other medications. If you are using any kind of medications, do consult your doctor before you start consuming the Nitric oxide supplements.
Accepting a little help in the form of a supplement is sometimes welcomed, however, making the decision about which supplement is right for you might be a difficult task for you. This is exactly why it is important to do the right kind of research to answer all of your questions about popular supplements as well as to consult your doctor.
We hope that we successfully did one of those things easier for you – the research part! After explaining what the popular Nitric oxide supplements are, what are their benefits and possible side effects from their use, it is up to you now to consult your doctor to help you in the decision-making process if these are the right supplements that will help you achieve your goals!
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.