There are several vitamins that the body needs to fulfill different health requirements. They include vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, D, K, lycopene, potassium, and omega-3-fatty acids. Multivitamins are meant to supplement a healthy diet but not to replace an unhealthy one.”The study, sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Health Statistics, found that more than 40 percent of Americans used supplements from 1988 to 1994, and more than one half took vitamins from 2003 to 2006. Multivitamins were found to be the most commonly used supplement”
Why Men Need Separate Multivitamin?
Men have various health requirements. The nutritional requirements of the male body are different from the needs of the female body or even a child’s body. Specific ingredients such as Chrysin, Nettle Root Extract, Beta-sitosterol, Zinc Acetate and Saw Palmetto are mostly required by men. The best multivitamin for men would help in improving* prostrate function and male hormonal health. They help in boosting natural testosterone levels and an increased libido and sexual satisfaction.
The best multivitamin for men would include proven active ingredients like extract from grape seeds, green tea, phytosterols and quercetin to protect against prostate cancer from the beginning rather than seeking a much more expensive cure* and at times untreatable when it happens. Many multivitamins provide the unique needs of men that focus on the provision of nutritional support for cardiovascular health, healthy blood pressure, without forgetting the prostate health.
Best Multivitamin for Men
Most sources have it that Centrum Silver Men 50+ is the best multivitamin for men as it contains high concentration of both antioxidants and vitamin B12. However, experts say men should ignore the “for men 50+” on the label and make centrum silver their primary multivitamin supplement. Centrum silver is specifically meant for men because men need only 8mg per day, which is easy to obtain from food. The current guidelines recommend 1000mg of calcium and 600 IU of vitamin D daily for men ages 19 to 70. For men over 70, 1200mg per day is preferable.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A, also known as retinol. It has several important functions such as helping vision in dim light, strengthening immunity against infections, reproduction and cellular communication.
- Vitamin B1, B2, B6, and B12: Vitamin B1 helps in the breakdown and release of energy from food. The nerve and muscle tissues are kept healthy. Vitamin B2 keeps the skin, eyes and the nervous system healthy, vitamin B3 helps to produce energy from the foods we eat while vitamin B6 allows the body to use and store energy from protein and carbohydrates in food.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is necessary for normal growth and development.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is a group of fat-soluble secosteroids that enhance* the intestinal absorption of calcium and other minerals such as magnesium, zinc and iron.
- Vitamin K: Vitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin also known as the clotting vitamin because without it, blood would not clot.
- Lycopene: Lycopene is a bright red pigment that is naturally found in the human liver, serum, adrenal glands, lungs, and skin at higher levels than other pigments.
- Potassium: Potassium is a mineral found in varying amounts in almost all foods and helps the nerves and muscles to communicate.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Omega-3-fatty acids are a form of poly unsaturated fat that the body derives from food and are beneficial for the heart.
Pros of Multivitamin for Men
Taking centrum silver for an instance doesn’t exceed the upper limit for niacin; in addition it contains nutrients, doesn’t contain excess lead and has high solubility. It also has some excess nutrients that help fight against heart disease and cancer. The tablets are easy to swallow and cause no stomach upset. Men’s multivitamins in general improve* prostate function and mean hormonal health. They boost* natural testosterone levels and an increased libido and sexual satisfaction. They also provide nutritional support for cardiovascular health and healthy blood pressure.
Cons of Multivitamin for Men
Some multivitamins contain less vitamin A that makes them easy to consume too much and this can pose serious health risks. Some multivitamins that contain vitamin K may interfere with blood thinning medications. It is therefore advisable to get doctor’s advice before using them.
How to Choose The Best Multivitamin for Men?
It is very important for men to be extremely as fit and healthy as they can possibly be. In this busy everyday life, it is not always possible to give your body the nutrients it needs to prosper.
Men work long hours, go to the gym, and sometimes spend late nights relaxing or partying. Thus they need to stay strong and healthy to support these hectic life style demands. The multivitamin that supports these needs provides sufficient vitamins and minerals for optimum health will be the best multivitamin for men. It is important that you choose multivitamins that improve* prostate function and male hormonal health, boost* testosterone and reduce* the odds of illness. This will definitely rejuvenate the men’s overall health and well-being.
The entire reason behind buying a gender specific multivitamin is to get the nutrients, minerals and vitamins that are most needed for a particular sex. It is therefore crucial for men to make use of the right multivitamins to support the body demands in order to stay healthy for long. Those that eat limited or unhealthy diets are underweight or severely obese. Men having underlying medical conditions may need to take men’s multivitamins. It is preferable to get the majority of your nutritional needs satisfied by eating healthy.