As we age, we get to encounter more and more skin problems due to hormonal changes and changing environment. One of such skin issue we get to face at times is pimples. Puberty is the time in our life where we those zits start to pop out. They may then stay and be more prominent as you get older which may be because of hormonal changes. Other factors that can induce the formation of pimples are pollution, stress, and bad hygiene.
15 Ways to Get Those Zits off Your Face
Before getting a face studded with all those red pimples, you must be able to keep healthy skin care habits. As always, it’s better to not get it first and foremost.
Here are some ways that can save you from getting those horrible zits and to get rid of acne.
- Keep your face clean by washing it with warm water. This is a better option over those chemical-filled commercial skin products. Use cleaning face towel in cleaning up your face.
- A healthy skin is always hydrated. Take plenty of water to help with the recommended 64 ounces a day to clear up your skin and make it suppler.
- Using moisturizer with salicylic acid will help clear out your skin and will get rid of acne for good.
- Avoid using products that will over dry skin, which will make it more irritated and will make it more prone to acne. Products with benzonyl peroxide which is a harsh chemical are the ones to avoid, as much as possible.
- Keep away from beverages with caffeine because it is known to irritate the skin..
- Avoid stress. Acne break-outs are usually caused by stress. One way to alleviate your feelings from stress is by doing yoga.
- Do not cover up your face with concealers and other cosmetic products. Your skin needs to breathe for it to heal from acne.
- Keep your hair away from face. Simply put, keep your hair pulled back as much as possible. The hair has natural oils in it which can irritate the skin, especially the sensitive skin.
- Refrain from touching your face. Hands get dirt and germs from the things we touch, and these elements could cause acne.
- Do not pop that zit! Do not squeeze those pimples especially with dirty hands as it can lead to further infection.
- White tooth paste will help you get rid of acne by dehydrating the swelling area. You should only apply the formulation in the infected area unless you want to dry other parts of your face and make it appear like a parchment.
- Lemon juice contains mild bleach that erases pimple marks. Rub it gently against the affected area to remove* the thin layer of outer skin and take away dead skin cells. If you think it is quite tasty, you can drink lemon juice regularly and you will also see positive results.
- Apply ice pack to the area of the pimple. This method can be done for one to two minutes in 30 minute intervals. Acne will be less inflamed and not so visible if you let the chill factor from the ice do its charm.
- Always remember that touching your zits will irritate them and make them look nastier. Use clean hands in doing medications against your pimples.
- Use on-the-spot treatments. There are products in the market that works to get rid of acne. Choose those ones that are from licensed companies and credible ones. You can research on the best products for acne breakouts.