The reality is that everyone can achieve this body goal, you just need to make the right choices. Besides regular exercise and healthy diet, you can also use natural bodybuilding supplements that allow you to shape, tone, and grow muscles without putting yourself in danger.
Throughout this article, you’re going to learn more about these products and the best choices to consider in 2018.
How to Build Muscle Fast?
You want to build up your muscles, but how much do you know about the process that makes them grow? How do they get bigger actually? Muscle growth is a complex process that involves three mechanisms:
- Increase in muscle cell numbers
- Increase in muscle fiber diameter, and
- Increase in fiber length
While all these above-mentioned mechanisms are involved in muscle growth, the increase in muscle cell numbers is only limited to prenatal and postnatal period. Therefore, the growth of your muscles occurs through hypertrophy of the existing muscle fibers by adding new myofibrils (contractile fibers) to increase muscle mass and by adding new sarcomeres (the basic unit of muscle tissue) to the ends of muscle fibers in order to make them longer.
In order to build up your muscles, you need to exercise regularly. When your muscles undergo intense workouts, fibers experience a trauma which is considered a muscle injury or damage. This injury activates satellite cells located outside of the muscle fibers. This starts the recovery process that leads to muscle hypertrophy or growth.
In a nutshell, the body repairs or replaces damaged or injured muscle fibers via a cellular process where fibers are fused to one another to create brand new myofibrils. These fibers become thicker and bigger. Your muscles grow when the synthesis of muscle protein is bigger than breakdown.
How Much Protein is Needed to Gain Muscle?
The first rule for bigger muscles is to consume plenty of protein. This nutrient is a vital component of every cell in your body. Your hair and nails are made of protein primarily. Human body utilizes protein to build and repair tissues, produce enzymes, make hormones and other body chemicals.
Let’s not forget to mention that protein is a vital building block of bones, cartilage, skin, blood, and your muscles.
In fact, one of the most important functions of protein is to maintain lean body mass. How? Consumption of protein influences your body mass in several ways such as:
- Protein breaks down into amino acids which are the building blocks of every tissue in a human body. Insufficient level of amino acids has a negative impact on support and maintenance of bone and muscle tissue
- Protein intake promotes protein synthesis and as seen above, muscle growth occurs when synthesis is greater than protein breakdown
- This nutrient reduces protein breakdown, thus allowing you to enhance muscle size and shape
Recommended daily intake of protein is 0.8g per kilogram of body weight or 0.36 grams per pound. This means that an average sedentary man needs 56g of protein a day while women need 46g a day. But, how much do you need to increase muscle size? The standard rule among bodybuilders is consuming 1g to 1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight for muscle growth.
In order to make this happen, you need to modify your diet to include protein-rich foods, but it’s also practical to use dietary supplements. It’s easy to follow the dosage and ensure your muscles grow at a fast rate.
Are there any Side Effects of Taking Protein Supplements?
Studies show that protein supplementation enhances muscle mass and performance when the training stimulus is adequate and intake of this nutrient is consistent with recommendations for physically active persons.
Bodybuilding supplements work by supplying your body with protein or improving the synthesis of this nutrient in order to allow your muscles to grow. These products also deliver herbs, amino acids, and other healthy compounds to improve recovery period, regulate blood glucose, and boost your energy levels at the same time.
As far as side effects are concerned it depends on the product you purchase. Some supplements are safe to use and do not cause adverse effects, but others do. Generally, natural formula decreases the likelihood of side effects while products that contain chemicals and unnatural ingredients may cause some unwanted reactions.
Choose wisely in order to get the maximum effects without experiencing anything negative.
Do Bodybuilding Supplements Really Work?
Are you ready to start your workout regimen and have a super sexy, ripped body before the summer? Muscle growth requires well-crafted exercise plans combined with a healthy, protein-rich diet. But as you’ve seen above, supplements can also give you a nice support.
Here are some factors you need to consider before buying one of these products:
- Price – Although we don’t like to think this way the reality is that a price plays an important role in one’s decision whether to buy a product or not. Set a budget before you look for bodybuilding supplements, get informed about price ranges and learn what is too expensive and costs that are considered cheap. You’ll be surprised to know that the best products have a good ratio between quality and price
- Formula – Muscle growth is a complicated process meaning ingredients in these products need to be powerful enough to help you sculpt your body. Read the list of ingredients, if they’re unknown the research them, and determine whether a certain formula can really help you or not
- User experiences – It’s easy to say “I don’t care what other people think“, but in this case, it should matter. You don’t really want to end up with a product that other people didn’t find effective or if they experienced major side effects. Go through customer reviews or blogs to see what other people think about a product before you buy it
- Money back guarantee – You work hard for your money and deserve the opportunity to return the product and get a refund if you don’t like it. Some brands offer this feature, but others don’t. It’s obvious what is a better option here
Now that you know what to consider when buying a bodybuilding supplement you’re ready to move on. We have evaluated numerous products of this kind to help you narrow down your choice.
Top Rated Bodybuilding Supplements of 2018
Crazy Bulk is a big name in the bodybuilding industry. The brand has thousands of followers on social media platforms and it speaks a lot about their reputation and efficacy of their products. They have made a wide range of products for both men and women. This particular product, Winsol, is made for incredible performance and rock hard muscles.
Winsol is a natural form of a steroid Winstrol or Stanozolol. Basically, it is a legal replica, a compound that mimics efficacy of that steroid but without side effects and other dangers. The best efficacy is achieved when Winsol is used during cutting cycles in order to retain lean, quality gains and sculpt your physique. In addition, the supplement is suitable for both men and women.
The mechanism of action is easy, Winsol enhances your strength and helps you become faster and more powerful than ever. Plus, the product allows you to avoid a common problem with water retention. That way, you’ll get rid of excess fat without losing your gains and there won’t be any retained water that would mask your progress.
Recommended intake is three capsules with water during the main meal of the day. Take the supplement at least 2 months for best effects.
The product is available online only. Read the detailed review of Crazy Bulk Winsol here.
#2. Max Gains
Max Gains is, technically, not a product by a brand that creates supplements to improve your bodybuilding efforts. The company was founded after realizing that reliable products for bodybuilders are lacking. Most products of this kind are either way too expensive, dangerous, or ineffective.
Founders were trying to look for safe, effective, and legal performance enhancing products that everyone can use to improve physique, strength, training, and results. All products made by May Gains are comprised of natural ingredients and are 100% legal.
Max Gains created different products for each stage of your bodybuilding process. Here’s a brief rundown.
A series of bulking products is formulated for persons whose primary objective is putting on mass and size. The range offers natural bulking formulas that don’t induce side effects. Products in this category include:
- Anadroxin – A natural alternative that replicates effects of a popular steroid Anadrol. The supplement is best for gaining mass and strength
- Clenbulen – A natural alternative that replicates effects of a steroid Clenbuterol. The supplement is best for increasing strength, building muscle, and burning fat
- Venabol – A natural alternative that replicates steroid Dianabol. The supplement is ideal for high-powered workouts and increasing workout stamina
After bulking stage, you need to cut unwanted fat and lean out without losing your gains. Cutting series from Max Gains is specifically formulated to help users trim fat without getting rid of their gains. Products in this category include Venabol, and:
- Trenoven – Natural alternative designed to provide similar effects like popular steroid Trenbolone. The supplement is best for increasing strength, burning body fat, and building muscle
- Promolex – Natural alternative created to mirror effects of a steroid Primobolan. The supplement is ideal for building lean muscle and increasing muscle endurance
Bodybuilding isn’t just about gaining muscles, you also need to keep your gains off. To make that happen, Max Gains created support series which includes the following:
- Nutra-PCT – Regulates hormone levels to allow you to maintain your gains. The supplement is ideal for combating man boobs, maintaining testosterone levels, balancing other hormones
- Joint Flex Ultra – Supports joints to prevent injuries. The supplement is best for cartilage health, joint function, and healing support
- Probiotica – Allows you to replace good bacteria in the gut to absorb more nutrients and convert them to energy. The product is best for better gut health, effective and fast nutrient absorption
Pros of Max Gains
- Reputable manufacturer
- Series of products for every stage of bodybuilding process
- Natural ingredients
- Made in the USA
- No side effects
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Legal, natural versions of popular steroids
Cons of Max Gains
- Not available in retail stores
You can find Max Gains products on the official website of the brand. Read a detailed review of Max Gains here.
Just like Max Gains, BlackWolf Workout is a brand that produces supplements for both male and female bodybuilders. The company was founded more than a decade ago and its primary mission is to develop premium sports nutrition and workout supplements for impressive results.
In order to create their supplements, the brand uses the latest research and scientific breakthroughs. Their revolutionary workout supplement packs deliver real, proven results. BlackWolf Workout has series of products called Hunter for men and Huntress for women.
Let’s take Hunter as an example, it’s an all-in-one workout stack that you need to get maximum results from your bodybuilding endeavor. The series contains following products:
- Track – A pre-workout supplement designed to boost your energy levels, keep you focused on the exercise regimen, and so much more. The product delivers creatine, BCAAs, and protein mixes together with 20 other ingredients. When used in combination with other products it allows you to push your body further than ever before
- Hunt – An intra-workout supplement that you can use during your exercise routine. The unique formula delivers BCAAs, amino acids, carbs, vitamins and minerals to keep you energized during your training session to maintain peak performance
- Eliminate – A post-workout supplement that allows you to recover quickly. With more than 20 ingredients, the product encourages muscle repair and builds muscles
Regular use of all three products claims to boost your energy levels, allow you to get the maximum out of your workout, and promises you’ll build muscles fast.
The product is available exclusively on the official website. Read the detailed BlackWolf Workout review here.
HGH-X2 Somatropinne is quality muscle gains and fat loss supplement made by a brand called Crazy Bulk. This is a popular company that provides legal, natural supplements that are specifically designed to replicate efficacy of some steroids that people use. The only difference is that these supplements can’t harm you and you can easily buy them.
HGH-X2 Somatropinne is a human growth hormone (HGH) releaser and it is specifically created to stimulate secretion of HGH from the pituitary gland into your bloodstream. As a result, users can expect lean muscle gains, quick fat loss, and rapid recovery time.
What is HGH actually? It is a potent anabolic hormone that your body produces naturally. The hormone promotes muscle growth, increases the use of fat, and enhances protein production. As you age, levels of this hormone decline, but this is where this supplement steps in.
The product uses a powerful formula to enhance production and release of HGH. As you can conclude by its name, the primary active ingredient in this product is somatropinne, which contains powerful amino acids to promote growth and development of muscles.
The recommended dosage is two capsules with water about 20 minutes before your breakfast. Use supplement for at least 2 months for full effects.
The product is available on the internet, not in retail stores. Read the detailed review of HGH-X2 Somatropinne here.
Here’s yet another product made by Crazy Bulk – Gynectrol, a dietary supplement that is created specifically to get the firmer chest and get rid of man boobs. Gynectrol is a potent, synergistic formula that targets the root cause of man boobs or gynecomastia.
The product works by establishing a hormonal balance. You get man boobs due to low testosterone and higher estrogen. This creates excess fatty tissue in pectoral muscles. Gynectrol contains powerful ingredients that give you strong and firm peaks. The product contains guggulsterones which reduce enlarged tissues of male breasts and green tea to burn excess fat.
Recommended daily intake is two capsules with water about 20 minutes before breakfast.
The product is exclusively available on the official website. Read a detailed review of Gynectrol here.
This post focused on the best bodybuilding supplements you can in 2018. Bodybuilding supplements use natural, yet powerful ingredients for a different stage of body sculpting process. Now all you need to do is to determine what product fits your needs and preferences the most. Shop wisely.
Feature Image Credit: shutterstock.com
Inpost Image Credit: shutterstock.com
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as a medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links."This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."