Bosu ball high-intensity interval training (HIIT) involves a relatively cheap piece of fitness equipment with the ability to expand your workout performance using leaps and bounds. Bosu ball consists of flat platform on one side and a rubber dome on the other end. Originally, Bosu could be used on either the flat or the rounded side depending on the way you exercise. Bosu ball was invented in 2000 by David Weck with the intention of expanding workout movements, strengthen your mind and reshape your body.
Here are 5 Bosu Ball HIIT And How To Perform Them:
Same as triple squat, step-up is performed when standing on the rubber side of the Bosu ball. Place one leg on the center of ball. Step-up the other leg up until the thigh is parallel to the floor. This exercise can be quite challenging if you are a beginner, but once you become a pro it can significantly improve your balance.
2. Triple Squat
Triple Squat is performed by placing your both feet on the rubber side as wide as possible on the ball. However, it can also be performed with the rubber side facing down. It may be quite difficult to achieve shoulder width because of the surface area of the ball. Once you are ready, move down slowly until your thighs are parallel to the floor, and then push upward in a controlled manner to the standing position.
Make 3 sets of ten repetitions each. You can add some weights like dumbbells to make it more intense. Triple squat improves stabilizing muscles.
Bridge targets your core and is performed by placing your elbows on the rubber side of the Bosu ball. Ensure that your back is flat and abdominals tightened when performing this exercise. Hold on this position for one full minute, and then relax for 30 seconds before making another attempt. If you are a beginner, try at 30 seconds if you find it hard to achieve a minute.
The bicycle is the final exercise to complete Bosu Ball HIIT circuit, and it’s the one that demands the most output. Start by lying on the rubber side of the ball with your lower and middle back centered. Place both your hands behind your head such that your elbows are pointing straight outwards. Lift your legs off the ground and take your elbow to the opposite knee, alternating until you can’t perform it any longer. Take a rest for one minute before making another attempt.
This exercise should be performed with the rubber side on the ground. Start by placing your both hands on the outer edges of the flat side of the ball, ensuring that they are directly below your shoulders. While ensuring that you maintain a flat back, tighten your abdominal muscles for the entire duration you are going to exercise. Move your body downwards until your chest is slightly above the flat platform before slowly pushing back up to the starting point. For every set, repeat as many times as possible maintaining a proper form all through. Take a rest for a minute after the first set and then move on to the next.
Benefits of Bosu Ball HIIT Circuit
- Bosu ball circuit improves balance and workout intensity by working your core constantly throughout the movements.
- It enhances flexibility of the back and abdominal muscles when the dome side is placed up.
- It offers a variety of training and enjoyable to make the exercise entertaining throughout.
- Bosu ball is relatively cheap and easy to exercise with.
- It is a full-body workout that target several muscle groups.
Precaution while doing any Exercise
- Always ensure that you are exercising on a safe ground to avoid the risk of injury in case you slip.
- Consult your doctor before starting any workout plan especially if you have an underlying medical condition.
- Discontinue with an exercise if it causes severe muscles or joint pain.
- Engage a fitness trainer if you are unfamiliar with an exercise.
- Take a warm-up before engaging in any vigorous exercise.
- Wear comfortable clothing and well-padded shoes to protect your heels and feet.
- Take necessary breaks between sets.
- Listen to your body when exercising and avoid workouts when feeling unwell.
Bosu Ball HIIT is a great and fun way to work your entire body using different poses and movements. The exercise in deed looks enjoyable yet it improves strength, stability and flexibility. The dome and flat sides of the Bosu ball offer a convenient platform to undertake a variety of workout poses and movements meant for improving balance and stability. Being an inexpensive, Bosu ball is fitness equipment worth investing on to shape up your body. Always take necessary precaution when working out with exercise equipment because the manufacturers are not liable for injuries that can occur.