What is Addyi?
Addyi is a non-hormonal prescription pill which is used to treat hypoactive sexual desire disorder also known as HSDD in women who are almost facing menopause. It has been labeled the female Viagra. Women with HSDD usually experience low sexual desire, interpersonal difficulty, and exhibit distress.
This condition can come about in women because of health problems or because of certain medication which are also known to reduce sexual desire. Addyi is only available through certified pharmacies and only in licensed healthcare facilities because it is known to cause severe side effects in cases of drug interactions.
Addyi is available in the form of 100mg tablets. It is also available in its generic form in the brand name Flibanserin.
Who is the Manufacturer of Addyi?
Addyi is manufactured by accompany called Sprout Pharmaceuticals. The company is based in the USA. The facility is FDA approved.
It was given the license to carry out studies to come up with Flibanserin which is classified as a multifunctional serotonin agonist antagonist also known as MSAA.
Addyi is also FDA approved. The drug is safe for human consumption although it is designed for women who are premenopausal. It comes with some side effects to the users which are clearly stated on the label.
How Does Addyi Work?
Addy works by regulating some of the brain chemicals that affect sexual desire. The active ingredient flibanserin is a post synaptic receptor agonist and antagonist which act on the central nervous system. It corrects the imbalance of norepinephrine and dopamine which are known to be hormones that are responsible for sexual excitement.
At this stage, it is an agonist to stimulate more secretion. It also inhibits the secretion of serotonin which is a hormone that causes sexual inhibition. The drug is not a hormonal drug and does not work like other drugs which are designed to treat sexual disorders in men.
Addyi Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
- This is the active ingredient in Addyi. It elevates the user’s mood by relieving them of anxiety and depression.
- It aids in triggering the production of hormones which allows for sexual arousal. This therefore enhances sexual desire of the user.
- This is a white powder that is a combination of saturated fat stearic acid and the essential mineral magnesium.
- It ensures a smooth flow of active ingredients through the machinery that is used in the production of this supplement.
- It is an inactive ingredient that helps in keeping all the other ingredients in the supplement together.
- Allows for the absorption of Fat-soluble vitamins in the body.
- Used as a pigment to add color.
- Adds the creamy and soft texture in the supplement.
What are the Advantages of Addyi?
- It can support the treatment of hypoactive sexual disorder in women.
- Controls and regulates the brain chemicals which are responsible for sexual desire.
- It may inhibit serotonin hormone which is a chemical that lowers sexual activity.
- Boosts the mood of the user by decreasing depression and anxiety.
What are the Disadvantages of Addyi?
- The drug is only limited to premenopausal women
- It interacts with alcohol and other drugs
The Dosage Instructions
The drug should be taken orally once daily before going to bed. The medicine should be abandoned if after 8 weeks the patient does not register any improvement in their sexual desire.
- Users should avoid operating heavy machinery or driving as the drug is known to cause drowsiness and reduced alert levels.
- The product should be stored under cool temperature and only room temperature
- The drug is not to be used by women who have gone through menopause or by men
- The drug should not be used by children.
- The product should not be used with the intent of improving sexual performance
It has been shown that Addyi is known to interact with alcohol. People with liver disease and taking liver medication are also urged to stay away from using the drug. The drug also interacts with certain heart medications which are designed to lower blood pressure. The ending result would be a relatively low and dangerous blood pressure. People who take CYP3A4 inhibitors should also stay away from the drug
Addyi Review – Final Verdict
Women, including those who are almost hitting menopause might have sexual disorders. This may cause decreased libido and low sex drive.
Addyi is calimed to possess the capability of solving these sexual problems through regulating brain chemicals that are responsible for sexual desire. This drug however comes with several side effects including insomnia, nausea, fatigue, sleepiness, and dry mouth.
The drug is also only recommended to premenopausal women. Because this drug interacts with other drugs and alcohol, it would be better to consult your doctor before using it.
Many women experience sexual dysfunction, lack of sex drive and/or poor sexual performance, but are too embarrassed to openly talk about it. Sexual dysfunction among women is prevalent, can occur at any age and can be caused by numerous factors. Sexual performance problems can strain your relationship with a partner. Thankfully, female enhancement products may alleviate these problems promoting a healthy, active sex life. Female enhancement products should be based on potency of ingredients, ability to increase sexual sensation and pleasure, ability to heighten arousal and sexual satisfaction and ability to restore sexual desire.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective female enhancement supplements on the market today, in our opinion.