Latisse Product Overview
Latisse, made by Allergen, is probably one of the better known brands of eyelash enhancers. Unlike most, this is a prescription medication that is specifically used to treat hypotrichosis, a condition of having inadequate lash growth. The spokesperson for Latisse is actress Brooke Shields and she appears on the very detailed and informative website. Included on the site are customer ‘before, during and after’ video diary’s, testimonials, FAQ’s and tips on getting the best results from the product.
Because it is only available by prescription, Latisse has undergone clinical testing, the results of which are shown on the site. There is also a link to find a doctor in your area that will prescribe Latisse.
Latisse The Product Details
Although Latisse contains numerous ingredients, which are all listed for the consumer, the active ingredient is Bimatroprost Ophthalmic solution 0.03%. Latisse should only be applied to the upper lashes and full application instructions are shown in a video on the website. Latisse should produce visible results within 12-16 weeks, but the product must be used continuously to maintain any lash growth.
Latisse can cause some unpleasant side effects, such as tingling or irritation upon application and the product can make the skin of the eyelid darker due to changes in pigmentation.
Strengths of Latisse
- Latisse has undergone successful clinical trials.
- The product has received favorable reviews.
- Allegran is a trusted and respected name in pharmaceuticals and has a long history of producing quality products.
- All the ingredients are listed.
- The website contains numerous testimonials.
- Application instructions are provided.
Weaknesses of Latisse
- Although a prescription drug has its benefits, not all doctors will prescribe Latisse.
- According to the website, about 4% of women experience negative side effects while using this product.
- The product must be used continuously for maintenance.
- The product can only be used on upper lashes.
Latisse The Bottom Line
Latisse is possibly the only eyelash growth serum that actually produces longer lashes, unlike over-the-counter brands that simply condition the lashes. However, it is a prescription medication and may not be as easily accessible as a non-prescription brand.
Buying an eyelash enhancer is not an easy thing to do. The most important aspect you have to consider is safety. This is because some eyelash enhancers contain harsh chemicals that can cause serious eye problems. Another important factor is effectiveness. Of course, you want the fastest and most considerable results possible. To find the best products, you have to inspect each product carefully which will take a lot of time since there are hundreds of eyelash enhancers being sold on the market. To find the best eyelash enhancer on today’s cut-throat market, we have inspected, tested and evaluated each eyelash enhancer mentioned below.