Eyelashes, when properly maintained will grow to become long, healthy and lush. Proper maintenance of lashes entails that your beautiful peepers were aided by the proper diet, conditioning and treatment.
Eating food rich in certain vitamins and nutrients can do wonders for your lashes. Food rich in vitamin C, H, E and B6 will keep your eyelashes strong, healthy and thick.
See Also: Foods to Eat for Healthy Eyelashes
Conditioning and pampering your lashes will rehydrate them, thus restoring them to their former glory before all the weakness and breakage. You can use coconut oil, castor oil and petroleum jelly to condition your eyelashes. Sound simple? It actually is! That’s the beauty of it. Applying this treatment at least 2 times a week, using the conditioner at night and removing* it with warm soapy water in the morning, will be extremely beneficial to the health of your eyelashes.
The great thing about eyelash enhancers is the fact that they are specially made to answer the needs of your lashes. They are full of nutrients and keratin that your eyelashes so rightfully need.
Stages of Eyelash Growth
Eyelashes go through three stages of growth. Sadly, the average eyelash cannot make it until the last phase because of factors such as makeup or aging. When you are taking proper care of your lashes, they will grow to their potential thickness and length, and they can finish all 3 stages of their 3 phase cycle.
Anagen (Lasts 30 to 45 Days):
This is the first phase. It is known as the active and growing phase. Your eyelashes are at their healthiest. They will not easily fall out. However, when you pull, pluck or tug too hard on your lashes, they will fall off even if they are at their healthiest stage.
Catagen (Lasts 14 to 27 Days):
By this phase, the eyelashes would have stopped growing. This phase is rightfully called the transitioning phase because this is when the follicles start to shrink because it is now transitioning into the resting phase. Any lash that has fallen off will only grow back after the catagen phase.
Telogen (Lasts 100 Days or More):
If your lashes have survived until this time, any loss in eyelashes will only result in a quick regrowth because their cycle was not interrupted.
Is Food Important for Eyelash Growth?
Food plays a big role in eyelash growth. When you enter into a sudden and drastic diet, it is possible that the health of your eyelashes will also have to suffer.
There are certain vitamins and supplements to remember to keep your eyelashes long and lush.
- Vitamin H – This vitamin keeps our nails and hair healthy. A deficiency of Vitamin H can cause dry and brittle eyelashes.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E helps the follicle in growing new and healthy hair.
- Vitamin C – Inn his book “Vitamin C”, Charles Alan Blake Clemetson claims that Vitamin C protects the body from harmful toxins and infections that could potentially weaken the lashes.
- Vitamin B6 – Vitamin B6 keeps dry and brittle hair at bay. When hair is brittle and dry, this causes breakage which usually results in the loss of eyelash hairs.
Are Eyelash Extensions and False Eyelashes Safe?
An eyelash extension when done by a highly skilled professional is very safe. In case of false eyelashes, the only probable danger to your health would be any allergic reactions to the eyelash adhesive used on the false eyelashes. The trick to this is always to conduct a patch test on your arm around 24 hours before using the eyelash glue. Proper prevention methods will always keep your eyelashes safe.
Advantages of Eyelash Enhancers Over Extensions to Grow Eyelashes Longer
The main advantage of opting to use eyelash enhancers instead of getting eyelash extensions is the fact that you’re sticking to your natural eyelashes. Not only that, but by using eyelash enhancers, you are giving your eyelashes nutrients that it needs to become healthy and long.
Is There any Good Eyelash Enhancer for Eyelashes and How it Works?
- Latisse is a very well known eyelash enhancer. It has bimatoprost in it which makes the cycle of the lashes longer. Your lashes stay on instead of naturally falling off. People who use Latisse see results in four to six weeks time.
- MaxoLash is another excellent option. Maxolash has hyaluronic acid, glycoproteins and provitamin B5 in it. These components encourage the growth of healthy and thick lashes. It also protects the lashes you already have by preventing them from becoming brittle and dry.
All of these different tips can give you healthy, full and thick eyelashes. Just like regular hair, eyelashes need to be conditioned given special treatment in order to ensure it’s health.