These lashes are those which are usually applied in eyelash extensions. Individual lashes usually come pre-packed as clusters of hair. These individual eyelashes are then, one by one, glued in the places beside your natural eyelashes. The perk of individual eyelashes is the fact that they look extremely natural. The individual lashes blend into the natural lashes. The negative side though is the fact that applying these lashes is such a tedious chore. Usually when women want to have individual lashes to be attached to their eyes, they usually go to the salon and have a highly skilled aesthetician do the treatment for them. These treatments usually cost a lot too; they usually range from $100 to $250.
What are Strip Eyelashes?
These types of eyelashes are the most common. You can find them at department stores and drug stores. Instead of having the lashes clumped together then place on the lash line individually, the lashes are packed as a strip. This strip is also the part that is to be glued to the eyelash area. A lot of people feel that strip false eyelashes are a whole lot more artificial looking as compared to the individual lashes. However, it is also important to consider the fact that strip falsies are extremely affordable and are super easy to stick on.
Pros of Individual Lashes
- They are extremely natural looking and blend in easily to your natural lashes.
- Sparse spots of lashes in the lash line can be pretty annoying but thanks to individual lashes you can fill them in.
- If you’re too nervous and shaky to apply this stuff to your eyes, you can actually get a professional do this. This doesn’t cost much and this way you can ensure that not only are your lashes nicely applied but that you also lessen the risk of you poking your eyes out.
Cons of Individual Eyelashes
- These can be tedious to apply since you have to apply them one at a time. It doesn’t do much for your busy schedule.
- If you’re not highly skilled or not too careful you could end up with uneven or wonky lashes.
- Unlike strip false eyelashes that can be found absolutely everywhere, individual eyelashes are not readily available at every single department store.
What are the Advantages of Strip Eyelashes?
- You can buy these absolutely anywhere. They can be bought at any department store near you.
- Strip lashes come in all kinds of length and even color. Some of them even have fancy feather designs on them.
- Strip lashes only have to be stuck on once, there isn’t much room for error here.
What are the Disadvantages of Strip Eyelashes?
- Strip lashes, especially those that really don’t cost much, tend to look stiff and unnatural.
- Although admittedly this is an issue for both types, the fact that you use more eyelash glue on strip lashes increases* the chances of your eyes getting infected.
- Strip lashes are attached to each other so when the edges come off (and this does tend to happen) your lashes look weird and funny.
How to Apply Individual Eyelashes?
- Apply minute and tiny drops of adhesive to the base of the individual eyelash.
- Apply and stick the lashes onto sparse spots to fill them in. You can use your hands or tweezers to do this part.
- To get a bit of a cat eye effect, use a longer individual lash when it comes to the outer corner of your eyes.
- You can also have a professional do this for you.
Application Tips for Strip Eyelashes
- Make sure to apply your eye shadow before putting on your strip eyelashes.
- Smear a reasonable amount of adhesive into the falsies.
- Put them on using your hands or tweezers.
- Apply mascara, and you’re done!
Both types of false eyelashes have their strengths and weaknesses. You just have to figure out which one works well for you. If you want an extremely natural look or if you’re just interested in filling a few sparse areas in your lash line then maybe individual lashes are for you. However if you want false eyelashes that are easy to apply and can be bought anywhere then we would advise you to go for strip lashes. Also if you’re kind of in a funky streak then you will fall in love with the various kinds of strip eyelashes there are out there. We do hope that we have shed a bit of light when it comes to the whole individual eyelashes vs trip eyelashes debacle. The main thing we’re trying to say here is that one is not better* than the other, it just all boils down to what you need.