The skin around the eyes is the most sensitive and delicate skin in the whole face. Since it is thinner, it also tends to wrinkle faster than the rest of the face. For this reason, several manufacturers are creating a separate anti-aging product for eye wrinkles and fine lines with a variety of ingredients. Most women would go for natural products, usually made of plant extracts and naturally-occurring substances, including the amino acid called peptide.
What are Peptides?
Peptides are naturally-occurring chains of amino acids. According to the National Health of Institute, peptides are often included in beauty and anti-aging products because they act as “messengers” in the skin. When the skin loses its supply of collagen, peptides tell the fibrolasts to create more collagen so the skin becomes suppler and firmer which is the main reason why peptides should be in your eye cream.
When peptides are applied topically on the skin, the skin thinks that it’s a product that breaks down collagen, thus prompting it to produce* more collagen.
Today, several skin care products contain a variety of peptides. Some of them include:
- Matrixyl (Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3) – Is a combination of amino acids and fatty acids which are said to help heal the skin in its lower layers. As a result, it increases* skin smoothness and collagen production.
- Hexapeptides – A series of six peptides combined with acetyl hexapeptide 3 as well as acetic acid is said to help relax the facial lines. It is believed to produce* the same effects with Botox injections and it can help diminish* fine lines and wrinkles.
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide – Is a kind of peptide that provides* protection from the sun’s UV rays and helps the synthesis of hyaluronic acid and collagen. Though it does not really replace the function of a product with SPF it does give the skin a good dose of protection from the sun.
- Copper Peptides – A kind of peptides that stimulate cellular regeneration and promotes* skin healing*. It is a popular ingredient among anti-aging products because it improves* skin’s firmness and elasticity.
Benefits of Peptides in Eye Creams
Why peptides should be in your eye cream can be answered by the following:
- The inclusion of peptides into your anti-aging product and eye creams give the skin an added protection from the sun.
- Helps speed up the synthesis of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid which is essential in fighting signs of skin aging.
- As a result, there is a significant reduction* of fine lines and wrinkles, increases* smoothness and elasticity as well as improved* cellular regeneration and skin healing*.
Peptide is proven* to provide wide range of benefits to your skin. No wonder* most eye cream products have it in their formulas.