Avon Elements Moisture Boost Eye Cream is a lightweight eye cream designed to hydrate the delicate skin in the area around the eyes. It contains mineral pigments for a subtle brightening effect which can help improve the appearance of dark circles.
The formula comes with a light fragrance as well. It is ophthalmologist, and dermatologist tested. One 15 ml tube container is priced $5.95 online.
The product is from Avon, which is the world’s largest direct selling company. It has been around for a very long time and has established a reputation in the beauty and skin care industry offering a wide range of affordable products. Conversely, the company is still relatively new to skin care, and their products are a mix of hits and misses.
- Shea Butter – This is a well-known natural moisturizer that helps prevent dryness while keeping the skin plump and moist. It is included in many skincare formulations and is a popular remedy for stretch marks although it is still not proven to be effective.
- Cactus Flower Extract – It is also a powerful natural hydrating ingredient. Studies have shown that it helps the skin retain moisture as well.
- Pelvetia Canaliculata Extract – This is another natural moisturizing ingredient that helps keep the skin plump and hydrated.
How Does It Works?
Avon Elements Moisture Boost Eye Cream primarily works by moisturizing the skin. It is specially designed to hydrate the delicate skin surrounding the eyes. The product also helps the skin retain moisture which further helps prevent dryness. Keeping the skin hydrated is beneficial when it comes to slowing down the skin aging process, so the product also helps prevent premature skin aging.
Good Features of Elements Moisture Boost Eye Cream
- The product is priced very low.
- It contains several natural moisturizing ingredients.
- There are some positive reviews from people who use it.
Bad Features of Elements Moisture Boost Eye Cream
- The product is not designed to reduce the appearance of skin aging signs.
- It is merely a moisturizing eye cream.
- It isn’t offered with a money back guarantee.
- The formula is scented which may cause skin or eye irritation.
- Some users say it only moisturizes the skin shortly, so you have to re-apply several times a day.
- There are many users who experienced skin and eye irritation from the formula.
How to Use This Eye Cream?
Apply Avon Elements Moisture Boost Eye Cream two to three times a day. Apply in the morning after cleansing your face or taking a shower then re-apply as needed which is much similar to Hydrolyze cream application. Massage gently using a circular motion and make sure the skin completely absorbs it.
What to Expect From This Eye Cream?
Take note that this is not an anti-aging formula although it may help prevent premature skin aging with regular use. It is just a moisturizer designed for the eye area and doesn’t address skin aging signs like fine lines, wrinkles, eye puffiness and eye bags.
Overall, Avon Elements Moisture Boost Eye Cream is a good product with an affordable price tag and is decent Plexaderm alternative. The problem is that it is just a moisturizer for the eye area. It is not formulated to address skin aging signs like eye puffiness, eye bags, fine lines and wrinkles. If you’re looking for a moisturizer for the eye area then this is worth trying but if you want something to reduce your fine lines, wrinkles and other skin aging signs then it would be best to look elsewhere.
The most common eye area issues are puffiness, dark circles, wrinkles and crow’s feet, and loss of hydration. There are countless eye creams available on the market today, making it seem nearly impossible to find the “right one” that meets our specific under eye needs. It is imperative to find a product that has been formulated to address a variety of complex eye area problems.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.