The human body is complex and, even though the scientific industry has spent decades to investigate the different systems and parts of the body, there are still many mysteries that scientists do not yet fully understand. We often hear about new discoveries being made in the body, such as when scientists discovered a new organ within the human body, now named the mesentery, approximately one year ago, as reported by Independent.
This discovery was made in the gastrointestinal tract, also often referred to as the digestive tract – one particular system that plays a vital part in the human body. A healthy “gut” leads to overall optimal function, but when problems start to occur with this particular system, numerous symptoms and problems can develop, all of which can be quite unpleasant to the individual affected by these issues.
According to Psychology Today, the average American diet does not consist of an adequate amount of fruits and vegetables, or other whole-food sources. Instead, the majority of the population tend to turn toward take-outs and other unhealthy food options when it comes to lunch or dinner.
Most also opt for unhealthy snacks when hunger strikes in between meals. This holds a strong relation to the fact that more than one in every three adults in the country is obese, and only approximately 33% of the entire American adult population is not considered at least overweight, as reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
An unhealthy diet, combined with smoking, excessive alcohol usage and other poor lifestyle habits all contribute to the build-up of toxins in the human body. When there is a significant amount of toxins present in the human body, then the various systems that form essential parts of the body are unable to perform the functions they need to perform at an adequate level.
This can lead to the development of numerous unpleasant symptoms. Body detoxification is often helpful in flushing these excess toxins from the body; thus relieving the pressure that toxins are causing the liver, kidneys and other organs to experience.
In this post, we will take a look at signs that may point out you have too many toxins in your body, as well as some effective herbal detox supplements you can utilize to eliminate harmful toxins from your body; thus restoring a healthier balance.
What are the Symptoms of High Toxicity in the Human Body?
Dr. Hyman reports that over 80,000 different toxic chemicals have been identified in the environment, and the number is increasing as the industrial revolution is growing. This means we are constantly exposed to a variety of toxic chemicals in water, the air and from other sources.
The build-up of these toxins can quickly take its toll on the human body; thus causing a significant increase in the risk of becoming sick, and causing several unwanted symptoms to develop.
With this in mind, it is vital to understand what particular symptoms may be a signal of a toxin build-up in your body, and to equip yourself with the knowledge to know when you need to act upon this problem, and how exactly you can detoxify your body in order to eliminate these toxins and restore better health.
Toxic build-up in the body can lead to quite a large number of symptoms. Let’s take a look at some of the most important symptoms you need to look out for, which all may indicate that you are exposed to a large number of toxins on a regular basis.
- One of the most common indications of a toxic build-up is fatigue, which may be accompanied by feelings of weakness and constant tiredness.
- A lot of people with toxins in their body also suffer from joint pain and muscle aches. These are also relatively common symptoms produced by this particular problem. In addition to these painful symptoms, headaches also often occur.
- Sinus problems may also be an indication that there are too many toxins present in your body.Sinus congestion is also very common, as well as a postnasal drip.
- Several issues with the gastrointestinal tract may develop when toxicity levels in the body become elevated. This may include the development of diarrhea or constipation. Bloating and gas are also very common amongst individuals where toxin levels are high. In addition to these symptoms, stool may also start to expel a foul smell.
- The majority of individuals who suffer from an elevated level of toxins in their body tend to experience issues with their sleep. This often includes the development of insomnia, which may have detrimental effects on their overall well being, and lead to concentration problems, as well as daytime sleepiness.
- Food cravings may also occur when toxin levels increase a lot. This may be accompanied by difficulty losing weight. Together, these symptoms can greatly contribute to obesity, which can lead to several health problems, including heart problems and more severe issues with the digestive system.
- Certain skin-related problems can also be a sign of toxicity in the body. This may include the development of acne, especially at an adult age, as well as eczema and psoriasis. It should also be mentioned that rashes, dark circles that develop under the eyes and skin rashes are also relatively common symptoms.
How to Prevent the Build-Up of Harmful Toxins?
With the detrimental symptoms of a toxin build-up in mind, it becomes essential to look for ways in which to reduce your exposure to these harmful toxins. There are, fortunately, a variety of methods that can be implemented into a person’s daily life in order to help them minimize their exposure to toxins and to assist with reducing the overall toxin build-up in their bodies when they are exposed to any of these potentially harmful chemicals.
Let’s take a look at some vital tips that can help you prevent the build-up of elevated toxin levels in your body, as reported by Mind Body Green.
- One of the very first steps to take is to eliminate processed foods from your diet. This especially accounts for those foods that come in a can. Even the organic foods that come in cans are bad for you. The reason behind this is because there is a lining of Bisphenol A in these cans, which is a Persistent Organic Pollutant. This pollutant causes free radicals to be produced in the body; thus causing the body’s antioxidant levels to become significantly reduced.
- When cleaning the house, try to opt for the use of natural cleaning products. The chemical cleaning products often contain dioxin. Dioxin is an immune modulator, as well as a carcinogen. This adds a considerable increase in the risk of developing breast cancer, contributes to higher toxin levels in the body and can lead to numerous unpleasant symptoms.
- When buying makeup, opt for brands that specialize in utilizing natural ingredients. A lot of makeup products contain ingredients such as Triclosan and phthalates. These can cause several unpleasant effects in the body and, of course, further, cause toxins to accumulate.
- If you are currently using substances and stimulates, then try to give them up. Caffeine, for example, is a stimulant that causes a build-up of toxins. Tobacco products, alcohol and drugs can all further add to this problem.
- It is also important to note that the drugs provided to you by physicians can also contain potentially harmful chemicals. If you are on any pharmaceutical drugs at the moment, talk to your doctor about the potential side-effects and look at all the ingredients contained within these drugs.
- Stress is one particular problem that greatly contributes to the accumulation of toxins in the human body. If you are suffering from chronic stress, then implement actions in your lifestyle to help you experience an significant relieve of stress. This may be one of the most effective ways to reduce your toxin levels.
- Sleep should also be an important part of your life. Poor sleep can greatly contribute to a higher level of toxins present in the body. If you suffer from poor sleep, try to make adjustments to your schedule or find a natural product that can help you calm down at night and, in turn, help you fall asleep easier and faster.
Which are the Best Supplements for Detoxification?
Now that we have looked at some of the most important symptoms to know about regarding toxin build-up in the human body, and we discussed some excellent ways to reduce your exposure to toxins in your everyday life, we would like to take a look at some of the best supplements that you can use in order to detoxify your body.
Body detoxification has numerous advantages, including a relief of symptoms that may be experienced due to a toxin build-up. The particular natural substances we are going to mention here all have beneficial effects on the body. When you go out to look for a supplement to help detoxify your body, look for ones that contain some of these ingredients – and you’ll be sure to buy a high-quality product that will be beneficial to your body.
- Stinging Nettle – Stinging Nettle is one of the most beneficial herbs when it comes to detoxifying the body. This herb is known to provide support to the kidneys; thus helping the kidneys better eliminate toxins and waste. In addition to assisting the kidneys, stinging nettle is also known to have beneficial effects on the liver, which is one of the primary areas of detoxification in the body. Stinging nettle leaves can be made into a tea, or you can use these leaves in a salad or add them to a soup.
- Cilantro – Cilantro is another beneficial herb that assists with detoxifying the body. This herb has a strong taste and is most beneficial for eliminating heavy metals from the body, including mercury. Many health shops will sell cilantro as a tincture solution, which makes the consumption of this detoxifying herb convenient and easy.
- Milk Thistle – Milk Thistle is an affordable herb that can be found at health stores and in most locations at the local supermarket as well. The most beneficial effect of Milk Thistle would be its ability to assist with detoxifying the liver. The herb is also known to assist the body in regenerating cells in the liver that has been damaged due to toxins.
- Red Clover – Red Clover is an excellent choice when it comes to detoxifying the blood circulating system. It should be noted that the dosage instructions for Red Clover should be closely followed, but the herb makes an excellent option for detoxification.
- Dandelion – The entire Dandelion plant can be utilized to assist with eliminating harmful substances from the human body. The plant can be added to hot water and simmered for approximately 20 minutes, which will produce a detoxification tea. In addition to its detoxification properties, Dandelion is also a diuretic, which will further help to expel waste from the human body.
The human body is complex and fascinating and depends on a variety of factors to stay healthy and functioning. With the daily diet of the average person, toxins can quickly build up and lead to a variety of unwanted symptoms, including issues with the body’s ability to produce an adequate amount of hormones, sleep disturbances, headaches and more.
To counter the effects of toxicity in the body, we need to adjust our lifestyle in such a way that we include healthier habits and get rid of the bad habits. For all of this to happen in a healthy way, body detoxification is often required. This process helps to eliminate the build-up of hazardous toxins in the body; thus restoring a better balance and allowing for future habit changes to have a positive effect on the entire body. In addition to a healthy lifestyle, you can also incorporate colon cleanser in your daily routine to maintain your colon health. You can take a quick scan of Vital Reds Review which could provide a plethora of health benefits including better digestion and colon health.
In this post, we provided an overview of symptoms to look out for and how you can prevent harmful toxins from building up in your body. We also analyzed some of the best supplements you can use to help you flush the existing toxins from your body.
Feature Image Credit: shutterstock.com
Inpost Image Credit: shutterstock.com