For a healthy living there are certain practices that must be carried out regardless of whether one is sick or not. These include colon cleansing which is critically important in the lives of all humans. There are signs and symptoms that indicate the need for you to undergo colon cleansing and they include:
- Foul breath – this is clear indication that the intestines and colon have been clogged up certain compacted substances.
- Frequent headaches and irritability – common signs to show one is unwell and this could also mean there is something wrong with the body’s internal organs especially the intestines and colon.
- Constipation – a person suffering from constipation exhibits irritation, pain and may also fell restless. Whenever this occurs, it clearly indicates that something unusual is affecting the digestive system leading to the malfunctioning of the system and may cause nutrient deficiency due to uneven distribution to various body organs.
- Protruding belly – this shows that one is not healthy and it could be as a result of too much fat deposit around the abdomen. In certain cases, one may crave for particular unhealthy foods.
- Skin problems – in the event that the body organs are not well functioning, you can easily detect this by simply looking at the skin. Skin infection is the commonest sign and sometimes taking different types of medication may not remedy the anomaly.
- Weight gain – this is also a problem that can be dealt with through colon cleansing to get rid of the harmful and toxic chemicals in the body.
In most vertebrates, the colon comes out as the last part of the digestive system whose main function is to remove salt and water from the solid waste before being discharged out of the body. It is also in the colon that the fermentation of unabsorbed flora-aided substances occurs. However, as compared to small intestines, the colon plays a very minimal role in food and nutrient absorption. The major role of the colon in the whole process of digestion is the absorption of sodium, water and certain soluble vitamins.
Unlike in humans, mammals have a colon that consists of four distinctive sections: the transverse, ascending, sigmoid and the descending colon. The ascending and transverse sections are jointly referred to as the proximal colon while the large intestines refer to the colon, cecum, rectum and the canal.
Function of the Colon
Large intestines (colon) differ from one organism to the other. However, the main work for the large intestine is to store waste, absorb water, absorb specific vitamins (vitamin K), maintain the water balance in the body and provide room for the fermentation of the flora-aided materials. It is believed that most of the work is done by other digestive systems and by the time it reaches the colon 90% of water will have been used by the body. What remains thereafter are certain electrolytes such as magnesium, sodium, chloride and other parts of the ingested foods that could not be digested – the amylase, starch, dietary fiber etc.
So when the chyme passes through the large intestines, the remaining percentage of water is removed while at the same time mixing the chyme with mucus and gut flora (certain type of bacteria) to form feces. Only 10% of undigested carbohydrates are available in humans but in other animals with larger colons the percentage is high. In this case, there are no digestive enzymes in the large intestines and that all the digestion process is done in the small intestines before the chyme moves to the colon.
Why Should you Cleanse your Colon?
It is true that many people disregard the colon as an important part of the body. However, if not cleansed, it results to most problems affecting your health. Whenever one feels hungry or eats, focus is only on the stomach. Nobody bothers to ask what really happens to the food once it has been eaten. In this case, it is the colon that takes care of the results after the digestion process and cleansing it is critically important. You can effectively cleanse your colon by using a colon health supplement or a probiotic supplement such as Nucific Probiotic Complex which kills bad bacteria thus improving your bowel movements.
The Benefits of Cleansing the Colon
- Helps to avoid irregularities in bowel – cases of both mild and chronic constipation have adverse effects on your general health as they affect the digestive system slowing its functioning. This leads to water being reabsorbed in the stool hardening it and this can lead to other health conditions such as cancer. To avoid this, it is important to cleanse your colon.
- To improve the functioning of the digestive system – colon cleansing helps to clear the digestive path and this allows for easy movement substances making it hard for constipation to occur. This is vital as it improves the intestinal tract enhancing its performance n the soaking of desired nutrients while cleaning the waste products.
- Maintaining a healthy body weight – when the digestion track is slowed down due to ingesting of certain foods, it leads to the release of mucus to help soften it but excessive mucus is adhered to intestines’ walls filling the colon with a lot of stool. This makes your body to gain some weight and detoxifying the colon is the only way to remedy this problem and help you maintain your body weight.
- Maintain your health – with a clean colon, your health will also be good. This is attributed to the fact that most health conditions such as intestinal problems, collateral cancer and hemorrhoids are largely associated with constipation. When constipation occurs, it leads to increased pressure in the abdomen especially during defecation resulting formation of hemorrhoids. To avoid this, it necessary to cleanse your colon.
- Enhances reproductive health – a clean colon makes you feel healthier hence an improved reproductive system. By cleansing your colon, you will be regulating the body fat deposits and since the estrogen hormone is mostly found in fat, the colon helps to regulate the fat which is important in enhancing your fertility.
Natural Colon Cleansing
This is one way of ensuring that all harmful toxins and wastes in the colon are flushed out. This is a practice that experts believe should be carried out on a regular basis in order to improve one’s general health. This is important in the fight against fatigue, headaches, depression and irritable bowel syndrome among other medical issues.
Natural colon cleansing involves making changes in your diet, including a cleansing drink in your recipe and using all natural supplements known to cleanse the colon. The main objective of natural colon cleansing is to remove the toxins and waste products from the colon’s walls.
The Most Popular Products used for Natural Colon Cleansing
With many people trying to find a lasting solution to most of their problems associated with the colon, many companies have come up with various ideas and medication for the purpose of colon cleansing. However, the most effective are the Phillip’s Colon Health, Advocare Cleanse and Colopril. We are going to talk about each in some details:
Phillip’s Colon Health is characterized by:
- Easily available in most retail stores.
- Can be purchased through the company’s official website at very competitive prices ($14.95 per month).
- Most people who have tried the product have shown great support for the brand and hail its effectiveness in improving people’s health.
Advocare Cleanse: The good things with this brand are:
- This is a brand that has been designed for use on a daily basis.
- It’s produced by Bayer, one of the most trusted companies.
- It is effective in ensuring that the colon is unclogged thereby restoring the natural balance of bacteria in the body.
Colopril: A single capsule of it contains 1.5 billion live cells and three types of probiotics: two forms of Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus. The three combine to ensure:
- Healthier internal environment.
- Regulation and reduction of constipation.
- Improvement of the immune system of individual.