The colon plays a very important function in the body. It is essentially the body’s sewage system. In order for the whole body to function properly, it is very important for the colon to be healthy. The problem is that digestive waste can get stuck in the walls of the colon. Studies have found that the colon can be retaining up to 20 pounds of digestive waste. After some time, it can even start emitting harmful substances like toxins. This is why colon cleansing is necessary especially because of the unhealthy diet that most people follow today. The good news is that there are colon cleansing supplements available without the need for a prescription. You just need to inspect a product very carefully before purchasing. This is what we’ll do with a popular brand sold online called Colocerin.
Colocerin is a nutritionally advanced colon cleansing supplement. This is according to its official website. It is stated on the website that the product is reported to be the most effective non-prescription way to make sure that the cleansing needs of the body are delivered. It claims to deliver the gentle active nutrients right into the colon cells where it is needed. The product claims to be 100% safe with no known side effects.
In order to determine if the claims of the product are actually true, let’s take a closer look at the active ingredients of Colocerin.
- “Super” Digestive Enzymes – The colon cleanser contains a potent combination of the enzymes protease (Apergillus oryzae), protease concentrate (Apergillus rugose), lipase (Rhizopus oryzae) and lipase (Candida rugose). The enzymes help with the digestion of fat, protein, milk lactose and carbohydrates. Digestive enzymes basically improve the digestion process allowing more nutrients to be absorbed by the body.
- Aloe – This active ingredient is one of the most popular herbal remedies for different concerns like skin conditions. However, it has recently been proven to have a powerful soothing effect on the digestive tract. It also helps address congested bowels.
- Blue Vervain – This is a natural nervous system tonic known to promote relaxation, ease tension and reduce stress. It is claimed to help improve the function of the whole digestive system. However, there is still no substantial evidence that it really has digestive health benefits.
- Gentian – This active ingredient of Colocerin is a popular remedy for an upset stomach. It is also known to promote overall digestive health. It stimulates blood flow throughout the body including the colon.
- Goldenseal – This active ingredient is known to support immune health and promote the detoxification process of the liver and entire digestive system. It helps detoxify the body and get rid of harmful toxins by increasing the body’s elimination rate for fluids.
- Slippery Elm – This natural ingredient soothes and cleanses the digestive system to promote overall digestive health. It is known to gently relieve congested bowels. It is rich in nutrients and also soothes the digestive system while also promoting regularity of waste elimination.
- White Oak Bark – This is included in the formulation of Colocerin because of its soothing effects. It is also known to soften stool to make bowel movement easier. It is a popular natural remedy for constipation and haemorrhoids.
How Does Colocerin Work?
Colocerin basically works just like most colon cleansing products. It promotes healthy bowel movements and helps with the elimination of digestive waste. It contains natural laxatives and other ingredients that soothe the colon to improve the digestion process. It also helps clean up the colon and get rid of digestive matter stuck in the colon walls.
- The ingredients of Colocerin are all natural
- The product is safer compared to laxatives and harsh colon cleansing procedures
- It is easy to use and not embarrassing unlike colon cleansing procedures
- It also contains ingredients that soothe the digestive system including the colon
- Helps with the body’s detoxification process
- Reduces water retention
- Helps relieve constipation
- Contains a high amount of fiber
Colocerin Side Effects
According to the website of Colocerin, there are no known side effects from taking it. However, some active ingredients are connected to side effects. For instance, slippery elm bark is known to cause allergic reactions to certain individuals. Also, high intake of this herb can cause loose stools and an upset stomach. Digestive enzymes can also cause stomach cramps, diarrhea and nausea when high amounts are consumed. The chance that side effects will occur can be considerably reduced by following the recommended intake.
The recommended dosage for the colon cleanser is two capsules taken once daily. The capsules should be taken at the same time with 8 ounces of water.
If you are taking medication, have any medical condition, pregnant or nursing, you should consult your doctor before using this dietary supplement. Do not use when you’re taking other colon cleansers and follow the recommended intake to avoid side effects.
Our Expert Review
Colocerin appears to be a good colon cleansing product. However, there are mixed reviews from people who have tried it. Also, the product has not been tested for safety or effectiveness so there is no guarantee that it is really effective and safe. It is worth trying mostly because it comes with a comprehensive money back guarantee.
All of the cells and tissues in your body and your major organ of detoxification, the liver rely upon your colon. The colon processes waste and bacteria preparing it for elimination from the body. Colon cleanse products should be determined based on its: potential to clean the colon of harmful waste & toxins, potential to promote better digestion & increase elimination, potential to promote improved immune system function, potential to provide increased energy levels. The quality of the ingredients should be backed by clinical research.
Below you'll find some of the most effective colon cleanse supplements on the market today, in our opinion.