Every person experiences memory lapses and weak concentration or focuses from time to time. This happens due to natural aging process, our lifestyle, busy schedule etc. Luckily, there are many different things you can do to boost* your memory and improve* focus and concentration. Taking supplements is just one way. But, how to purchase an effective product that will boost* your memory, and other cognitive abilities? This article will show you how.
How do Brain Supplements Work?
Before we see what you should look for in brain supplements, we have to get informed about the memory supplement basics. Memory supplements are also referred to as brain boosters, memory enhancers, or nootropic supplements. Regardless of the term that is used to describe them, they all promise to improve* your memory, focus, concentration and keep your brain sharp.
Although severe memory loss requires consultations with your healthcare provider, memory supplements are formulated for people who experience less severe memory lapses or loss of concentration. For example, not being able to focus on your stressful job or while studying for upcoming exams. You might work or study for hours without remembering anything.
Memory supplements, just like other supplements, are largely misunderstood. Most people usually expect these products to somehow magically restore their memory or create super focus, but that’s not how they work. Memory supplements enhance* mental abilities you already have which were weakened due to a number of factors.
Ingredients Found in Memory Supplements
Brain boosters contain natural ingredients. The most common ingredients found in these products are:
- Acetyl-l-Carnitine – An amino acid which improves* alertness, focus, mood, and mental clarity. ALC works by creating acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that is responsible for learning, regulating sleep cycle, memory etc. It’s important to mention that acetyl-l-carnitine also boosts* your energy levels.
- Choline – it is an essential nutrient whose deficiency can play a role in development of neurological disorders. The ingredient can also be spotted by the name Alpha GPC.
- Omega 3 fatty acids – Are essential for our overall health and wellbeing. For example, deficiency of DHA can cause significant cognitive impairments. On the other hand, regular intake of Omega 3’s can boost* memory, fight depression, prevent age-related mental decline, and even slow down progress of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Huperzine A – Derived from Chinese club moss, a traditional Chinese herb used for memory improvement. It promotes* memory and enhances* learning abilities. It can, also, slow down progress of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Vitamin E – Combats brain-related diseases such as dementia or Alzheimer’s.
- Vitamin B12 – Protects against brain volume loss that occurs as we age.
- Asian ginseng – Also comes from traditional Chinese medicine. It improves* memory and concentration.
- Bacopa monieri – A herb that has been used in Ayuervedic medicine for more than 300 years. It enhances* memory, learning, and concentration.
Other ingredients found in memory supplements include:
How to Buy Ideal Memory Supplement?
Not all supplements are created equal. In order to get the effective product, you have to know what to look for. Below, you can see some guidelines you should consider when buying memory supplement.
This is highly important, particularly if you’re already taking medications for some disease etc. Your doctor will inform you whether it’s safe for you to take memory supplements or not. Furthermore, you can also ask for his or her advice about best supplements.
Are Claims Backed Up by Proofs?
When you see labels saying boosts* IQ, improves* memory in just a few days, new smart pill etc. instead of just believing the short but powerful statement, you should make sure the manufacturer can prove the claims. How? The official website should have information about clinical trials.
Most manufacturers don’t provide a list of ingredients in their products, which is a big mistake. After all, this is something you’re going to take every day and you deserve to know what’s in it. If there is no list of ingredients, memory supplement could contain just about anything.
For example, Provasil memory supplement doesn’t only have a list of ingredients on the official website, but their amounts as well which proves the reliability of the product. Just by browsing through the official website you can find out the product contains resveratrol, ginseng, ginkgo, bacopa, acetyl-l-carnitine, choline, vitamin B12, Vitamin C etc.
Reading what other people have to say about the product is beneficial. After all, you don’t want to waste your money on something that other people found ineffective. Research, find reviews or even look for tweets about the product just to see the experience of other customers.
Avoid Autoship Programs and Free Trials
Free trials seem like a good idea, but the reality is different. In most cases, by signing up for a free trial you are immediately enrolled in the auto-ship program, even if that’s not what you want. Returning packs of supplements that arrived through this program can, also, be a giant hassle.
Check Money-back Guarantee Experiences
Most manufacturers offer 60 or 90-day money-back guarantee, which is great news. However, the #1 complaint most customers have about some products is the fact that it’s almost impossible to get your money back. Therefore, before ordering your memory supplement, check whether you could get your money back easily in case you aren’t satisfied.
Brain supplements can do wonders for your brain and memory. However, it’s important to know what to look for and purchase an effective product. If you’re about to purchase your supplement, make sure you consider things from this article.