What is Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate?
Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate is a vegetarian supplement that may enhance memory and cognitive function through the use of magnesium. The National Institutes of Health describes magnesium as a mineral found in the body, in certain foods like leafy vegetables, nuts, and whole grains, and in dietary supplements such as this product.
According to Medical News Today, magnesium is fundamental to the proper function of over 300 enzymes and may help reduce premenstrual symptoms while benefiting calcium absorption and bone health, diabetes symptoms, hearth health, headaches, and relieving anxiety.
Table of Contents [Show]
This product, in particular, uses magnesium L-threonate, which may enter the brain more efficiently and reach brain cells. Studies have found that specifically using magnesium L-threonate may enhance learning abilities, working memory, and both short- and long-term memory in users.
Who is the Manufacturer of Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate?
The manufacturer of Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate is a company called LifeExtension, which is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in the United States. The manufacturer’s official Website gives a toll-free number that is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
In addition to Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate, LifeExtension sells a variety of vitamins and minerals, supplements, herbs and botanicals, hormones, and skin and personal care products.
How Does Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate Work?
According to the manufacturer, Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate is a highly-absorbable magnesium supplement that claims to support healthy memory and cognitive function. This product also may facilitate important brain cells signaling pathways to improve short- and long-term memory.
Magnesium deficiency can lead to loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, and weakness, and continued deficiency could result in numbness, seizures, and abnormal heart rhythms. The daily intake of this product provides 2,000 milligrams of L-threonate, a form of magnesium that may enhance memory and cognitive health support.
Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
This supplement contains 144 milligrams of magnesium from 2000 milligrams of Magtein magnesium L-threonate. A recent study of magnesium L-threonate found that the participants saw benefits in cognitive dysfunction, sleep disorders, and anxiety. In addition, to magnesium, Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate contains the following ingredients:
- Vegetable cellulose – A natural dietary fiber found to help maintain normal digestive function.
- Microcrystalline Cellulose – A refined wood pulp that may provide dietary bulk and may lead to a laxative effect.
- Stearic acid – The U.S. National Library of Medicine describes stearic acid as a saturated long-chain fatty acid found in animal and plant fats, as well as cocoa butter and shea butter.
- Silica – The Journal of Nutrition Health and Aging describes silica as an anti-caking agent, anti-foaming agent, and dough modifier.
- Vegetable stearate – An additive that helps to protect pills against moisture damage.
What are the Advantages of Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate?
- This product claims to be a highly-absorbable magnesium supplement that may support healthy memory and cognitive function.
- Studies have found that magnesium could help with sleep and anxiety disorders, which have been correlated with memory loss.
- Magnesium may help with calcium absorption and bone health by activating vitamin D in the kidneys.
- Magnesium has been associated with lowing the risk of atherosclerosis and hypertension.
- Magnesium L-threonate in particular has been found to enhance learning and memory by elevating brain magnesium.
What are the Disadvantages of Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate?
- High intake of magnesium could lead to gastrointestinal problems.
- If not taken as directed, large doses of magnesium may cause low blood pressure and urine retention.
- Magnesium supplements should not be taken by individuals with kidney disorders.
- Too much magnesium buildup in the body could cause an irregular heartbeat, confusion, and slowed breathing.
Q: How Should You take Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate?
A: The manufacturer recommends taking three capsules a day with or without food, as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. (Dosage: one pill in the morning and two pills 2 hours before bedtime.)
Magnesium L-Threonate has less of a laxative effect than other forms of magnesium.
CAUTION – KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE. Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged. When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Q: How Much Does Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate Cost?
A: A 30-day supply can be purchased from the manufacturer’s official Web site form $30.00 and there is a $3.00 discount and free shipping if the customer joins the VIP autoship program offered by the manufacturer.
Q: What is Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate’s Return Policy?
A: The manufacturer gives a toll-free number that is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, to discuss any returns.
Q: Does Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate Offer a Free Trial?
A: A free trial was not found on the official Web site.
Q: What Medications Should You Not Take With Magnesium?
A: Taking magnesium with these medications might cause blood pressure to go too low. Some of these medications include nifedipine (Adalat, Procardia), verapamil (Calan, Isoptin, Verelan), diltiazem (Cardizem), isradipine (DynaCirc), felodipine (Plendil), amlodipine (Norvasc), and others.
Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate Review – Final Verdict
Magnesium is fundamental to brain health, memory, and cognitive function, and Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate may assist with brain and cognitive issues. Studies have shown that magnesium L-threonate absorbs rapidly and may help with certain aspects of brain aging.
Magnesium L-threonate was developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and an article in the journal, Neuron, found that increasing brain magnesium using magnesium L-threonate enhanced learning abilities, working memory, and short- and long-term memory functions.
Other studies have found that magnesium L-threonate improved one’s body magnesium status, cognitive abilities, and brain aging. Customers should research different supplements that contain magnesium to ascertain which amount of this mineral is most beneficial to their specific needs.
More than ever people of all ages are struggling with memory problems. People are unable to disconnect from their work, while students are under immense pressure to perform. Brains are overloaded with information that must be remembered. A quality memory enhancement product might contain clinically proven ingredients that will help to enhance not only memory, but also focus and night concentration. Memory products might help to optimize overall mental health and brain function.
Below you'll find some of the most effective memory products on the market today, in our opinion.