Osteo-Support is a joint supplement intended to provide nutrients that may be lacking in your daily diet, and which are important for the maintenance of healthy bones and joints. It is sold at a range of retailers; one bottle contains 120 tablets, which are considered by the manufacturer to be thirty servings. The manufacturer suggested retail price is $36.20 per bottle, although this is the MSRP, not necessarily the actual price; if you shop around, especially online, you may be able to get a great discount.
Osteo-Support provides nutritional support for bone and joint health through a wide range of vitamins and minerals as well as a proprietary blend of bioflavonoids and herbal extracts. It is meant to be taken on a regular basis so that your body can take advantage of this new and enhanced supply of nutritional compounds to help repair and recover injured tissues. It comes in the form of tablets that are meant to be taken along with meals.
A full list of the ingredients in this supplement is provided on the label of each bottle, which is available on the manufacturer’s website. The list is quite lengthy, but an overview of the active ingredients are as follows:
- Vitamins: Vitamin A, Vitamin D-3, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B-12, Pantothenic Acid
- Minerals: Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Chromium, Molybdenum, Potassium, Vanadium, Boron, Strontium
- Osteo-Support Proprietary Blend: Black Cohosh, Dong Quai, Fennel Seed, Licorice Root, Hesperidin Extract, Rutin, Grape Seed Extract, Betaine HCl, Glutamic Acid, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, L-cystine, L-Cysteiene HCl, L-Metionine, Bromelain
- No known side effects.
- Contains a large quantity of vitamins and minerals.
- Price is reasonable and may be even lower if you find a bargain
- Free of yeast, gluten, soy, wheat, milk/dairy, sodium, sugar, starch, artificial colorings and preservatives, and GMOs
- Scientific research is cited to support the claims for at least some of the ingredients
- No clinical research has been done on this exact formulation, so it’s impossible to know if this compounded formula is particularly effective
- Contains Vitamin K, which can interfere with some medications
- The vitamins and minerals included in this product are sourced from natural sources and do not include many common allergens
- It is meant as a supplement to a healthy diet, not a replacement for good habits
- It should be taken daily for best results.
There are no known side effects of this product when it is administered correctly. However, it does contain Vitamin K, which interferes with some prescription drugs (coumadin, warfarin). This is noted on the label but it is a possible consideration.
Take four tablets per day, ideally with meals. It may be easier if you spread them out through the day (two with breakfast, two with your evening meal) but this is not required.
1. Is this product vegetarian?
This is actually not clear, and you may wish to contact the manufacturer on the topic. However, we do know it contains no yeast, gluten, soy, wheat, milk/dairy, sodium, sugar, starch, artificial colorings and preservatives, or GMOs.
Osteo-Support is an excellent supplement in terms of both what’s in it and how it presents itself. Having research backing up a formula, a price tag that isn’t too high, and a wide range of minerals, vitamins and botanical ingredients makes for a high-class product, although it does have some problems– the big one being that the clinical research only examines some of its ingredients in isolation, not the entire formula itself. It also lacks some common joint-specific ingredients. There are a lot of products out there which have strong presentations and more backing them up, so be sure to shop thoroughly before you decide on this – or any other – joint supplement.
Bone development occurs every day of your life, but the pace of losing and growing bone differs depending on age. Building bone mass early in life through exercise, a healthy diet rich in calcium, and supplementation may help delay symptoms associated with osteoporosis. Bone health supplements should be determined based on its: potential to promote increased bone density, potential to reduce bone loss, and potential to Maintain Healthy Bone Support*. The ingredients should be backed by clinical studies and proven to promote overall bone health.
Below you'll find some of the most effective bone health supplements on the market today, in our opinion.