Calcium Plus Overview
Calcium is a very important mineral in the body. The body needs calcium to build strong bones and keep them strong. The problem is that the bones get weaker as a person ages, thus it is important to increase* calcium intake. Calcium helps prevent weak bones (osteoporosis) which affects a significant percentage of older men and women. There are two ways to get enough calcium each day. The first way is to consume foods rich in calcium like milk, cheese, yogurt, broccoli, tofu, etc.
Unfortunately, it is very difficult to get enough calcium from food intake. The good news is that there is another option that is very easy and convenient. You can simply take a calcium supplement every day. You just have to take one or two pills daily and your body will get the amount of calcium it needs. In this article, we will closely inspect a popular calcium supplement being sold on the market and determine if it is a good product or not.
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin K
How Does Calcium Plus Work?
Calcium Plus is a blend of 7 vitamins and minerals. It is a supplement designed for total bone health. It comes in easy-to-swallow softgels that doesn’t just contain calcium but also contains other minerals and vitamins that enhance* calcium absorption and work together to improve* bone health. The bone support supplement is designed to strengthen bones and reduce* the risk of fractures and other conditions caused by insufficient calcium in the body.
- Contains the required amount of calcium for healthy and strong bones.
- Calcium Plus also contains other ingredients that are important for optimal calcium absorption.
- From Jamieson Laboratories which is Canada’s oldest and the biggest manufacturer and distributor of natural vitamins, minerals and other supplements.
- Also offers other health benefits like helping in lowering high blood pressure and relieving PMS symptoms. It can also help ease insomnia and prevent osteoporosis in post-menopausal women.
- Comes in easy to swallow soft gels.
- Not available in all health and wellness retail stores.
- There are many similar products that are being sold at a lower price.
- The official website of Calcium Plus doesn’t contain detailed information on how each of the ingredients work.
The Dos and Don’ts While Taking Calcium Plus
Take note that excess calcium intake may impair iron absorption and cause iron deficiency. Also, calcium, vitamin D and/or magnesium may interfere with certain drugs like anticoagulants, tetracycline antibiotics and calcium channel blockers. This is why you need to consult your doctor before taking Calcium Plus or any other dietary supplement. To avoid negative effects on your health, follow the product’s directions carefully.
Calcium Plus is a good bone support product worth purchasing. However, it is not available in all retail stores. You can try ordering online from reputable sellers. There are other similar products which are more affordable if you want to save money. A little research will help you find these products. Just make sure that it contains quality ingredients that are clinically proven to improve* bone health. Don’t just believe what a product claims. You have to do your research to determine if a product really works or not.
Bone development occurs every day of your life, but the pace of losing and growing bone differs depending on age. Building bone mass early in life through exercise, a healthy diet rich in calcium, and supplementation may help delay symptoms associated with osteoporosis. Bone health supplements should be determined based on its: potential to promote increased bone density, potential to reduce bone loss, and potential to maintain healthy bone support. The ingredients should be backed by clinical studies and proven to promote overall bone health.
Below you'll find some of the most effective bone health supplements on the market today, in our opinion.