What is Absorbable Calcium and Vitamin D?
To keep the bones strong, the body continuously breaks down old bone cells and grow new ones. The process is very similar to how the body sheds and replaces skin cells. Calcium plays a very important role in the process of creating new bone cells. However, the body also needs vitamin D since it is crucial when it comes to the absorption process of calcium. Otherwise, the calcium just gets sent out of the body as waste.
Remember that you also need to regularly perform weight-bearing exercises to strengthen your bones and improve bone health.
This is particularly the reason most calcium supplements contain both calcium and vitamin D. For this article, we will scrutinize one such product being sold on the market. It is our goal to determine if this is a good product worth purchasing or if it would be better to look at other bone support supplements.
Absorbable Calcium and Vitamin D Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
- Vitamin D
- Soybean oil
- Vegetable glycerine
- Soy lecithin
- Corn oil
How Does Absorbable Calcium and Vitamin D Work?
Absorbable Calcium and Vitamin D is a product of Puritan’s Pride which is a highly regarded supplement company. The product’s manufacturer is well-known in the supplement and health industry for offering a wide range of quality dietary supplements.
The product basically works by supplying the body with calcium which is very important for the creation of new bone cells. The bone support supplement contains vitamin D to enhance calcium absorption. Each serving or two softgels contain 1200 mg of calcium and 1000 IU of vitamin D in the form of D3 cholecalciferol.
What are the Advantages of Absorbable Calcium and Vitamin D?
- From a reputable supplement company that is established in the health and supplement industry.
- It can be easily purchased online or bought from retail stores and supermarkets. This is one of the most popular supplement brands that offer very affordable products.
- Contains calcium and vitamin D which work together to strengthen bones.
- There are many good reviews on this product.
- Comes in softgel form which is east to swallow compared to big tablets.
What are the Disadvantages of Absorbable Calcium and Vitamin D?
- Absorbable Calcium and Vitamin D doesn’t come with a money-back guarantee.
- There are no clinical studies proving that this product can really improve bone health.
- Too much intake of calcium may cause certain health problems.
- Not for people who already have enough calcium intake from their diet.
- There are some negative reviews on Absorbable Calcium and Vitamin D.
The Dos and Don’ts While Using Absorbable Calcium and Vitamin D
Remember that too much intake of certain nutrients may be detrimental to your health. This includes calcium which may interfere with the absorption of iron and counteract certain medications.
If you are suffering from any serious health problem, are pregnant or are taking prescription medication, it would be best to consult your doctor before using Absorbable Calcium and Vitamin D or any other dietary supplement.
Absorbable Calcium and Vitamin D Review – Final Verdict
Absorbable Calcium and Vitamin D is a good product worth purchasing. It is from a reputable company but is also one of the lowest-priced bone health support supplements being sold on the market. Just remember that you should be careful with your calcium intake and avoid taking too much.
Bone development occurs every day of your life, but the pace of losing and growing bone differs depending on age. Building bone mass early in life through exercise, a healthy diet rich in calcium, and supplementation may help delay symptoms associated with osteoporosis. Bone health supplements should be determined based on its: potential to promote increased bone density, potential to reduce bone loss, and potential to Maintain Healthy Bone Support*. The ingredients should be backed by clinical studies and proven to promote overall bone health.
Below you'll find some of the most effective bone health supplements on the market today, in our opinion.