Today, I am sharing my Top 15 natural beauty DIY products. I realized after having skin problems my whole life into my thirties, that organic and chemical-free products were the answer to my skin issues. I began creating my own facial masks, scrubs and balms using essential and carrier oils with kitchen basics such a oats, sugar and salt.
Amazed by the results, I decided to start a natural skincare blog to show others the fantastic benefits. At the same time, I decided to take on a healthy lifestyle including diet, health and well-being. My life has improved* dramatically as well as my skin!
Try some of these out for yourself and see.
1. Skin softener and body buffer. This is the best moisturizing body scrub I have ever used and never fails to leave the skin feeling soft and moisturized. Mix together some olive oil and sugar to form a paste. Lather it on all over and massage it in while buffing the skin before turning on the shower or getting into the bath.
2. Pore clearing and skin healing facial treatment. Use a teaspoon of Manuka honey (best) or organic honey and sprinkle in some cinnamon. Mix together and apply to the T-zone or area any area where pores are clogged. Leave on for 10 minutes and remove* with a damp cotton pad.
3. Reduce* pores in seconds by cutting a cherry tomato in half and rubbing all over the face. Leave on for 5 minutes and wash off with tepid water. Pores disappear immediately!
4. Eyelash Growth Serum. Mix 1/4 cup of castor oil, 1/4 cup of coconut oil (heated in the microwave for 20seconds) and a few drops of avocado oil. Add to a small airtight container and use a clean disposable mascara wand to apply twice daily.
5. Foot Scrub. Add 1/4 cup of baking soda to a basin of warm water. Have a pumice stone ready and a towel. Soak your feet for as long as you like. Once the skin has softened, pat the feet dry and use the pumice to remove* dead skin on the rough parts. Cleanse and towel dry your feet again. Use coconut oil to massage the feet and moisturize.
6. Toner and Skin Brightener. Mix one part pure apple cider vinegar with 2 parts water. Apply with a cotton pad after cleansing and before serum or moisturizer.
7. Under-Eye Gel. 3 oz Aloe Vera mixed with the juice of half a cucumber. Blend the peeled and diced cucumber until juice is visible and strain with a muslin cloth into a container. Add the aloe gel and mix well. Store in the fridge in an airtight jar.
8. Beauty Balm. 2 tbsp Argan oil, 2 tbsp Shea nut butter, 2 tbsp roseship oil, 1 tbsp beeswax, 5 drops cypress essential oil, 5 drops frankincense essential oil, 5 drops of bergamot essential oil. Heat the first 2 oils, butter and beeswax in a metal bowl over 2 inches of boiling water on the stove.
Once the wax is melted, remove* from the heat. Add in the essential oils, mix well and leave to cool in a jar for 1-2 hours before re-applying the lid. Lasts for up to 3 months.
9. Cleansing Balm. 2 tbsps of olive oil, 1 tsp coconut oil, 1/2 tsp beeswax, 1 tbsp kaolin and 6 drops geranium essential oil. Heat the beeswax and oils in a metal bowl over 2 inches of boiling water on the stove. Once melted, remove* from the heat. Add in the kaolin.
Once that begins to cool, add in the essential oil. Pour into a jar and leave to cool before re-applying the lid. Leave in a cool dark place. Lasts for up to 3 months.
10. Hair Mask. 1 tbsp Argan oil, 1 tbsp almond oil and 2 tbsp coconut oil. Heat coconut oil in the microwave for 20 seconds and mix together with a fork. Apply warm oil to dry hair and comb through. Cover your hair with cling film and wrap in a towel. Leave on for an hour. Wash out with sulphate-free shampoo. No need to condition.
11. Facial Scrub. Mix pink Himalayan sea salt with olive oil to form a paste. Gently buff the skin and massage lightly for a few minutes. Wash of with warm water and dab the skin dry. No need to moisturize afterwards.
12. Facial Mist. Peel and chop a cucumber into cubes and blend until juice is visible. Use a muslin cloth to strain the mixture into a bowl. Mix the juice with 2 tbsp of aloe gel. Pour into a spray bottle and use as a spritz facial mist instead of toner.
13. Lip Scrub. 1 tbsp honey, 1 tsp cinnamon, 3 tbsp soft white sugar, sprinkle of ground nutmeg, 4 drops pure vanilla extract and 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Mix the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the coconut oil and honey with the vanilla extract and mash together with a fork. Add the mixture to a small jar/container with a lid. Use before applying a lip balm.
14. Activated Charcoal Peel-Off Mask. Mix 2 tbsp pure activated charcoal with 1 1/2 tbsp of gelatin. Add some water gradually to make a paste. Put in the microwave for 30 seconds. Leave to sit until warm and then apply with a spatula to the face, avoiding the eyes, eyebrows and hair line.
You can apply balm to those areas to protect them if you need to. Leave to dry for 30 minutes. Peel of gently and then remove* any remaining bits by washing with warm water.
15. Mint and Lime Body Scrub. 1/2 cup of coconut oil, 1 cup of sugar, the zest of 1 lime, 1/2 tsp of peppermint essential oil. Soften the coconut oil for 20 seconds in the microwave but not melted, add the sugar, peppermint oil and zest and whip with a hand blender. Add to a jar and use in the shower or before a bath. Keeps for up to 5 weeks.
I love experimenting with natural skin care and the best part is, there are no toxic ingredients or harsh chemicals and it doesn’t cost much at all! I always use a high quality organic products whenever it is possible. I also make sure to use certified essential oils.
Feature Image: shutterstock.com
In-post Image: shutterstock.com