With the summer around the corner, waxing is something that will come in the mind of many people, particularly women in readiness for the bikini season. Since shaving isn’t practical for some areas on your body, waxing happens to be the best alternative towards a newborn like skin.
There are different waxing styles you can choose from, but there is none that won’t hurt a little bit. The best thing about waxing is that it produces a smooth skin that is devoid of hair. Styles include bikini, landing strip, Brazilian and full bush Brazilian
The waxing process is carried out using different waxes including sugaring, strip wax and hard wax.
- Bikini Waxing: There are various bikini waxing styles you can choose from depending on whether you a little or a lot of hair removed. For a regular bikini wax, it targets to remove* the hair that is outside your panty line. This is recommendable if you want a clean-up. The full bikini wax takes the sides of your bikini line slightly deeper than a regular bikini. In some cases, it may include waxing some hair on top to give a well-defined ‘triangle’ area. French bikini wax removes* all the hair in the front and continues to right before your back.
- Brazilian Waxing: Brazilian waxing removes* all the hair from your bikini line and continues all the way to your back. If you prefer, you may have a small landing strip or a triangle left in the front. Brazilian waxing is best suitable if you love wearing thongs or if you prefer to be completely hairless on both the front and back sides.
- Hollywood Waxing: Whereas a Brazilian waxing may leave some hair untouched, a Hollywood leaves nothing. This means you won’t have any hair left around your genitals. This is not an ideal style especially if you are going for your first bikini wax. Nevertheless, you can talk with your technician to customize how you would prefer the waxing done.
- Full-Bush Brazilian: This is a common style for a hippie that has become the trend. It combines both the Brazilian and Bikini styles. However, although all the hair is removed from your back and front side, the groin area remains untouched and free.
- Landing Strip: If you are a fun loving lady who enjoys creating symbols or shapes of your choice, landing strip waxing should be your choice. It is conducted the same way a Brazilian wax, but you can choose any symbol to be drawn by your technician. Symbols are usually made on a vertical strip.
Types of Wax
Estheticians have two different types of wax to select from in removing* hair from the skin. All are applied with disposable sticks that have different sizes to suit every client’s needs.
- Hard Wax: This is the type of wax that after it has been applied, it should be given to dry and harden enough. Estheticians then yank it off from your skin using fingers. A good quality wax should not stick to your skin but only to your hair. This means it can be used for clients with sensitive skin types.
- Soft Wax: This is also referred to as strip wax. Its consistency looked like honey when it heated. Upon heating, it is cautiously spread in thin layers on the skin to draw the preferred shapes or symbols and then covered using a thin non-woven or muslin cloth. The cloth is then removed coming out with hair. The only challenge with this type of wax is that it may not remove* ingrown hairs. However, it is the most practical wax that can be used over a large area like legs, back or arms. Before spreading the soft wax, your therapist may spread some powder on your skin to prevent the wax from grabbing your skin and ensure that it only hooks to your hair.
- Sugaring Wax: This is ideal for people with sensitive skin type those who like natural approaches to removal of hairs. It incorporates ingredients like sugar, lemon juice, honey or water that are heated to produce a sticky consistency. It is easy to prepare and safe for most skin types because it is all-natural.
Although there are various methods that can be used to remove* hair for a bikini season, waxing happens to be one of the most effective approaches. The best thing about waxing is that it can be done in any area of your body including eyebrows, arms, legs and the bikini area. If you have never gone for waxing, it is worth doing your research to find out a waxing pro or seek recommendations from your friends. The process can be painful, but estheticians with experience can lend a hand in keeping it minimal.