Sara Barsky-Weiss, RDN
Sara Barsky-Weiss, RDN
- Dual Bachelor's Degree - Music Performance & Food Studies and Nutrition from New York University
- Bachelor & Master of Science - Nutrition and Dietetics from Long Island University
- Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis/GI Dietitian at Northwell Health - Aug 2021 - Specializing in Medical Nutrition Therapy for Pediatric Pulmonology, Cystic Fibrosis, and GI Disorders
- Dietetic Intern at Northwell Health - Aug 2020 - May 2021
- Fitness & Dance Instructor at Mid-Island Y JCC - Sep 2016- July 2020
- Food and Nutrition Hospital Volunteer at Northwell Health - Jul 2019 - May 2020
- First Grade Teacher at Central Synagogue - Aug 2018 - May 2019
- Freelance Production Intern & Assistant at Rachael Ray Show - Aug 2016 - Oct 2017
- Assistant Manager at Sustainable Long Island - Jun 2016 - Oct 2016
- Presidential Honor's Scholarship
- Featured Instructor for Food Demo Video
- Dean's List
- Nutrition and Food Studies Award
- Richard Hirsch Memorial Award
- Theodore Presser Scholar Award
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- Istituto di Moda BurgoIstituto di Moda Burgo : Certificate, Fashion designer
- 305 Fitness Instructor
- Poundfit Instructor
- Zumba Fitness Instructor
She is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) promoting health, fitness, & nutrition to people from all walks of life. With a Bachelor's in Food Studies & Nutrition and Music Performance and a Master's in Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics in progress, she uses her unique perspective to make a positive difference in others' lives.
Now, she practices as a clinical dietitian specializing in pediatric nutrition, providing medical nutrition therapy for cystic fibrosis, gastrointestinal disorders, and pulmonology. Sara is an advocate for nutrition combined with fitness and movement for overall health and wellbeing.
Completing her bachelor’s degree in Food Studies and Nutrition at New York University, she gained a well-rounded view of the food industry, food injustice, and agricultural system in the United States and gained an interest in writing about the food industry and nutrition.
She continues to perform in orchestras and concerts when she has spare time.
Sara grew up in Long Island, NY in a supportive family that always encouraged her to strive for success, and she continues to be extremely grateful for her parents' support. She is also fortunate to have a new husband that is dedicated to and passionate about her career in dietetics and nutrition.
In addition to her passion for nutrition, Sara has taught dance and fitness for over 10 years, teaching to all ages and including a variety of styles including Zumba ®, 305 Fitness®, Poundfit ®, jazz, hip hop, lyrical, tap, and ballet. Sara continues to teach at least one class per week. She is passionate about creating healthier lifestyles for all people, of all ages, racial, socioeconomic, and ethnic groups.
Sara is a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), Greater New York Dietetic Association (GNYDA), and Media Features/Publications.