Sandra J. Arévalo, MPH, RDN, CDE, CLC, FADA
Author and Spokeperson
- NCBDE: Certified Diabetes Educator
- Hunter College: Dietetic Internship
- Healthy Children's Center For Breastfeeding: Certified Lactation Counselor
- Hunter College: Master of Public Health (MPH), Nutrition Sciences
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia: Dietitian-Nutritionist
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Spokesperson
- American Association of Diabetes Educators: Spokesperson
- Montefiore Nyack Hospital: Director of Community and Patient Education
- Sandra Arévalo: Nutrition Consultant
- Director of Nutrition Services And Outreach Programs: Montefiore Health System's Community Programs
Sandra Arevalo, MPH, RDN, CDN, CLC, CDE, FADA. Sandra works as Director of Nutrition and Community Outreach at Montefiore’s South Bronx Health Center. She is a spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and the American Association of Diabetes Educators.
She is the author of Microwave Chef, a book inspired by people living in shelters in NYC. She has received several excellence awards for her work in nutrition education, obesity, and diabetes, and is well recognized for her expertise in Food and Culture.