Michael Harrington, B.Sc.
Healthy Living Influencer
- Charter Oak State College: Bachelor of Science, Psychology
- University of Arizona: Biology, Pre-Med
- Apache Junction High School
- Mike Inspires Me LLC: Healthy Living Advocate / Owner
- Travelers: Associate Software Engineer
- The Hartford: Strategic Analyst
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute: Information Technology Program Specialist
- Rainbow Direct: Sales Manager
- Eastern Connecticut Health Network (ECHN): Healthy Families Manager
- Goodwill Industries of The Springfield/Hartford Area: Program Manager
- Goodwill Industries of The Springfield/Hartford Area: Job Coach
- Community Enterprises: Job Coach
- Futures, Inc: Job Developer
- The Caring Community: Group Home Worker
- Toastmasters Nathan Hale: Vice President of Public Relations / Vice President of Membership
- MANCHESTER ART ASSOCIATION INC: Art of the Month Committee
- Toastmasters Nathan Hale: Sergeant at Arms
- HARC: HARC Walk
- Travelers: Wellness Champion
- “Inspire People To Take Charge Of Their Lives And Their Health By Being An Example Of What Is Possible”.
An inspiration and role model to the millions who have heard his story and seen his videos, Mike Harrington had no idea the impact his health journey would have on the rest of the world when he first set out.
As he persisted through his journey and the weight loss was becoming noticeable, people began to tell him that it was motivating them to take charge of their own health. And, after losing over 200 pounds, Mike’s story got the attention of the media.
His story and videos have been featured on numerous websites and on television shows such as USA Today, MSN Health, Yahoo Fitness Weight Loss Win, Fox 61’s Stan Simpson Show, RVN TV’s Mid Day with Dana, Donovan Green (Dr. Oz' Personal Trainer) Podcast, and Gilad’s Bodies In Motion newsletter. Mike was also a featured presenter at the Toastmasters District 53 Fall 2017 Conference with his “Half the Man, Double the Awesome” presentation.
Mike receives dozens of messages and emails each month from people seeking advice, pouring out their hearts about their health struggles, and how his story has inspired them and given them some hope. Over the past several years Mike has met and spoken to many people, giving tips on lessons learned through his journey, and more importantly, about sustaining health. Mike is a big fan of Lifestyle Medicine, a branch of medicine that promotes curing chronic illness with lifestyle changes over medication or other means.
Mike has a passion for healthy living and helping others who are looking for a symbol of hope. More than mere weight loss, Mike’s story is about his triumph over the adversities in his life. Most weekends you can find Mike hiking in the woods where he hosts his weekly Facebook Live broadcast, “Hike with Mike” on which he talks about a variety of topics related to health, motivation, and dealing with personal struggles.
You can visit his website: www.mikeinspiresme.com/.