Lauren Dummit, LMFT
- University of Oxford: High School Honors Program(Oxbridge), Clinical Psychology,Law
- Université Paris-Sorbonne: French Literature, Art History, History/Architecture
- University of California,Los Angeles: Bachelor of Arts, French Literature
- University of California,Los Angeles: Bachelor's degree, French Language and Literature
- Antioch University-Los Angeles: Masters of Arts in Psychology, Child Studies Specialization, Clinical Psychology
- International Institute of Clinical Sexology: Postgraduate Degree, Clinical Sexology/Addiction
- Parent Coach
- Sex Therapist
- Sex Addiction Therapist
- Sex Therapist
Lauren Dummit is an experienced psychotherapist in private practice in Santa Monica. She specializes in helping clients navigate the journey of recovery from trauma, substance abuse, eating disorders and behavioral addictions/compulsions.
Her unique style treats emotional discomfort and pain as an avenue for self-discovery and personal growth. As clients become better able to navigate their inner obstacles, they will rediscover their capacity to find balance and live a life that is healthy, joyful and free.
Lauren creates a comfortable atmosphere where the meaning of each individual's subjective experience is respected. She emphasizes insight, self-awareness, and empowerment to help her clients grow, learn about themselves, and lead more gratifying lives. Through an alliance of trust and collaboration, she works together with her clients to understand the meaning of symptoms.