Dr. Jonice Webb, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist, Blogger & Author
- University of Arkansas: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Clinical Psychology.
- Fuel Up For Life Online Childhood Emotional Neglect (CEN) Recovery Program: Owner and Creator
- PsychCentral.com: Regular Contributor
- Jonice Webb, PhD: Clinical Psychologist
- Personality Disorders Awareness Network: Volunteer Administrator
- Author of "Running On Empty and Running On Empty No More: Transform Your Relationships"
Dr. Jonice Webb has a Ph.D. in clinical psychology, and is the author of the bestselling books Running on Empty: Overcome Your Childhood Emotional Neglect and Running On Empty No More: Transform Your Relationship. She has appeared on CBS News, New England Cable News, and NPR about Childhood Emotional Neglect, and has been quoted as a psychologist expert in the Chicago Tribune and CNBC. She currently has a private psychotherapy practice in the Boston area, where she specializes in the treatment of couples and families.
Over two decades of practicing psychology, Dr. Webb gradually started to see a factor from childhood that weighs upon people as adults. This factor is extremely subtle. In fact, it’s so difficult to see that it goes virtually unnoticed while it quietly saps a person’s joy in life, causing him or her to struggle with self-discipline, or to feel disconnected and unfulfilled. Dr. Webb gave a name to this invisible factor from childhood. She calls it Childhood Emotional Neglect (CEN). She is the author of the bestselling book Running on Empty: Overcome Your Childhood Emotional Neglect (2012) and Running on Empty No More: Transform Your Relationships (2017).
You can visit her website EmotionalNeglect.com