David Feder, RDN
Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist
- The University of Texas at Austin: RD plus all coursework and research toward PhD, nutrition science and biochemistry; food science
- BNP Media: Executive Editor-Technical, Prepared Foods magazineExecutive Editor-Technical, Prepared Foods magazine
- Prepared Foods magazine-BNP Media. Inc: Executive Editor-Technical
- S/F/B Communications Group: Founder
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (American Dietetic Assn.): Member
- School of Hard Knocks Unlimited: Life Student
- Bauer Publishing/First for Women magazine: Food and Nutrition Editor
- First for Women magazine (Bauer Publishing USA): Nutrition and Food Editor
- Putman Media: Managing Editor
- Meredith Corp: Senior Food & Nutrition Editor
- University of Texas at Austin: Lab Instructor, Research Assistant, Teaching AssistantLab Instructor, Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant
- Multiple newspapers and magazines: freelance writer/editor
- Dallas (and Austin) restaurant scene: Chef
Licenses & Certifications
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist
David Feder, RDN, has been a food, nutrition and health journalist for 26 years. In spite of an academic background that began with psychology and biblical archaeology, David cut his teeth as a celebrated chef in Texas during the 1970s and 1980s, helping pioneer Haute-health & fusion cuisines in high-end restaurants and hotels.
In the 1990s he became a registered dietitian while completing research and coursework toward a Ph.D. in nutrition biochemistry at the University of Texas at Austin.
Along the way, he taught food science and nutrition while practicing as a nutrition counselor.