Angie Miatke, RDN, CSOWM
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Dietitian in Fairfield, CA
- Practices at John Muir Medical Center as an outpatient dietitian specializing in weight management & bariatrics
- Conducts individual nutrition counseling with Fay Nutrition LLC
- Undergraduate degree in Nutrition Science from University of Wisconsin- Stout
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group
- Dietetic Intern: University of Delaware
Licenses & Certifications
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN): Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Certified Specialist of Weight Management (CSOWM)
- Standard First Aid, CPR and AED: Advanced Medical Certification
Angie Miatke, RDN, CSOWM, has over 18 years of experience in clinical nutrition and has worked as a registered dietitian providing medical nutrition therapy in the inpatient and outpatient settings. She has spent time working with athletes, pediatrics, oncology, intensive care, cardiology, and nephrology patients. However, her passion is working with bariatrics and weight management.
Her favorite nutrition quote and belief is, “It’s never too early or too late to work towards being the healthiest you.” – Anonymous
No matter the diagnosis or health challenge, Ms. Miatke enjoys working 1:1 with her clients to provide them a personalized plan to support their health concerns and goals. Ms. Miatke believes in a client- centered approach; supporting each client with developing nutrition goals when and where they see fit.
Outside of work, Ms. Miatke is an avid runner and mother to 4 children, ages 6-year-old twins, 8 and 10. She enjoys teaching her children the importance of nutrition for sports performance and health. She frequently competes with her 8-year-old in local running races, and currently, is training for a ½ marathon. She supports the local youth recreation soccer league as an assistant coach, and volunteers in the youth league baseball program.
Ms. Miatke was born and raised on a dairy farm in Central Wisconsin. She has a bachelor's degree in Nutrition Sciences from the University of Wisconsin- Stout, in Menomonie, WI.
About Consumer Health Digest
Consumer Health Digest, a Kyzooma Brand, is your trusted resource for reliable, empathetic, and up-to-date information on wellness topics and product reviews that matter most to you. Our reach is more than 100 million readers. Consumer Health Digest content is fact checked and reviewed by our Medical Expert Board for accuracy and integrity. Learn more about us and our editorial process.