Beauty isn’t superficial; it actually comes from within oneself. The beauty that radiates from healthy skin is priceless.
So, how do we keep our skin beautiful?
Is it just the job of creams and lotions?
Or do we need to take complete care of our health for beautiful skin?
One of the vital factors that affect our skin is premature aging. It is known that with age, skin loses its elasticity and starts getting wrinkles. However, premature aging can be prevented with a combination of good healthy habits and the use of a proper skincare regime.
Various products are available in the market that can also help in reducing the impact of premature aging on the skin, like dietary supplements like Dermal Repair Complex. But there are also some healthy lifestyle habits that are proven to keep the skin healthy and prevent early aging.
Here, let us look at the 10 best ways to reduce the impact of premature aging on your skin.
1. Smoking has been known to cause health issues. It is best in your interest that you quit smoking as soon as possible. Ailments like COPD, Lung Cancer, and so many more are linked to smoking. The effect of smoking on your skin is not healthy either. It has been found that smoking may cause your skin to show signs of premature aging like wrinkles, sagging skin, stained teeth, and even increase the risk of psoriasis. The vasoconstricting effect of smoking narrows blood vessels reducing circulation. The result is premature aging of the skin.
2. If you can increase your intake of Vitamin B12, it can do wonders for your skin. Antioxidants are your best friend when it comes to keeping your skin protected from premature aging. B12 helps your body to produce DNA and red blood cells. The nutrient supports your immune system to fend of against infectious diseases. It also promotes healthy nerve function. You must consume an optimal amount of antioxidants to ensure the best protection for your skin against premature aging.
3. Eating fermented food is another excellent way of keeping your skin flawless for years. These foods like kimchi, yogurt, sauerkraut, etc., are fantastic for your gut as they contain sufficient quantities of probiotics. They are also rich in antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties. It is believed that beauty products made from fermented items are also beneficial for your skin.
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
4. Lack of protein in your diet can cause the amount of same to dip in your blood. Low protein is not a good idea for skincare. Premature aging of the skin happens when you go low on protein. There are many protein sources like meat, eggs, milk, beans, nuts, etc., that you should consume in optimal quantities if you want to keep your skin blemish-free and young for years.
5. Who doesn’t like to consume sugar? There is an addiction factor related to it. However, sugar is your enemy when it comes to health. You should consume complex sugars but cut back as much as you can on refined sugar. Consume a balanced diet that has a low amount of refined sugar and see your skin glow.
6. The active and fast lifestyle today results in the deprivation of sleep. Lack of sleep can be detrimental to your skin. During the time we sleep, our body repairs itself. Therefore, you can understand how important sleep is for the proper functioning of our bodies. Our skin also gets revitalized as we sleep.
7. Contrary to popular belief, not all fats are bad for you. There are categories of fats that actually help your body and your skin. These healthy fats keep your heart healthy, help you absorb vitamins, and keep your skin from aging prematurely. You should avoid high-fat foods but don’t forget to consume a sufficient amount of healthy fats.
8. Physical exercise finds itself in the good books for a healthy life. It helps us remain energetic, build muscles, keep the body running at its optimum level, and so on. Exercise also helps your skin to stay youthful for a long time. You should find time for some workout at least three times a week to keep your skin young and healthy.
9. This is another vital thing to watch out for if you want your skin to remain youthful. Stress is a killer. We know that well. Stress causes your body to behave abnormally, your hormones go haywire, and you end up in a state of utter dejection. Stress also affects the skin. The more stress you put yourself through, the worse your skin will become. So, make stress management a part of your routine to avoid signs of premature skin aging.
10. You must learn how to exfoliate. Removing dead skin cells is vital for your skin, but too much exfoliating can be counterproductive, causing damage to your skin.