Wondering why you’ve been growing moles on your face and neck lately? If you’ve been loving the sun for a long time, chances are those skin blemishes slowly appearing on your skin are age spots.
Age spots, sometime termed liver spots, were once incorrectly thought of to be a manifestation of liver disease. As a matter of fact, age spots are dark pigments on skin caused by many factors including natural skin aging and chronic stress but, primarily results from long-term, repeated, unprotected sun exposure.
People also ask
Aging is inevitable although we had like to know a magic formula to eternal youth and tight, glowing skin.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/anti-aging/6-things-know-about-anti-aging-wrinkle-creams.html
For decades, health experts and beauty enthusiasts have been preaching that what you put in your body definitely impacts how you age.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/anti-aging/effective-anti-aging-supplements-for-skin.html
There are many non-surgical treatments available to help hide fine lines and wrinkles and Dermal Fillers are one of them.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/anti-aging/dermal-fillers.html
Its a fact that as we age the composition and appearance of our skin change. Some of the noticeable signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/wrinkle-cream-reviews/stemuderm.html
In todays world, people are living longer due to healthy lifestyles and diets, and many individuals are looking for ways to look as healthy and good on the outside as they feel on the inside.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/wrinkle-care/top-rated-anti-wrinkle-creams.html
Is there a fountain of youth? Thats a question that many people have asked themselves when they saw a wrinkle on their face, or when they thought that there was no solution for their skin aging.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/anti-aging/anti-aging-tips.html
Kremotex is an anti-wrinkle cream that makes use of apple stem cells, which is a cutting edge skin care component that has the potential of turning the aging clock back in order to ensure that your skin gets rejuvenated.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/anti-aging-reviews/kremotex.html
The process of skin aging is a complex phenomenon influenced by various extrinsic and intrinsic factors.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/anti-aging/anti-aging-creams.html
Stop worrying about aging. Its not something that you can hold back anyway.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/anti-aging/anti-aging-vitamins-and-minerals.html
Every woman tends towards having perfect skin. It is an almost unavoidable issue for every woman to keep her skin untouched by the aging process.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/anti-aging/anti-aging-ingredients.html
As a result, age spots or sun spots often appear in areas most exposed to the sun including the face, neck, arms, shoulders, and hands.
Age spots do not pose any particular harm to your health but, it can hurt your confidence. So, whether you’re just looking to clear your skin or, to regain lost self-esteem, you will be happy to know that age spots only affect the outer layer of the skin. Thus, there are several natural remedies and clinical procedures that you can help you make age spots disappear.
What are the Natural Ways to Erase Age Spots
Try mashing, juicing, and mixing the following ingredients in your kitchen, and apply the mash and mixture on directly on your skin to vanish age spots and help surface a more radiant, glowing you.
- Papaya: Famed for its whitening properties, papaya has become one of the most popular ingredients of organic, natural skincare products. Papaya contains papain, a natural substance that help speed up skin renewal and collagen production thus, helping get rid of dead skin cells and in surfacing new, younger skin.
- Lemon Juice: With its high citric acid content, lemon juice has powerful bleaching properties that can help lighten skin and make age spots disappear.
- Buttermilk: Contains lactic acid which is a well-known treatment for hyperpigmentation and thus, is also a great treatment option to vanish your age spots.
- Red Currants: Red currants have high levels of antioxidants, topical application of which helps skin fight age spots in two ways. First is by boosting the skin’s natural ability to heal and recover from age spots. The second is by providing skin protection against free radicals, including harmful UV rays that cause age spots.
- Kojic Acid: Kojic acid, formed from fermentation of rice to form rice wine, is also a great natural remedy for your age spots. Reach for rice wine or Japanese sake and apply on skin regularly. Kojic acid helps inhibit melanin production to stop age spots from appearing and has skin lightening properties that help make age spots disappear.
What are the Medical Treatments to Erase Age Spots?
Topical treatments. The primary objective of topical, over-the-counter treatments, is to stop the further production of melanin on skin. Some of the most common ingredients of topical creams and serums that target age spots are hydroquinone, tretinoin and retinol, and kojic acid.
Hydroquinone has skin bleaching properties that help skin fade and make dark spots disappear. There is some unresolved controversy, however, which recently surfaced regarding the safety on topical use of hydroquinone as some scientists believe the substance may cause cancer.
Tretinoin and retinol are derivatives of Vitamin A. The age-defying properties of tretinoin and retinol have been established by several studies. More than just remedying your wrinkled skin, however, tretinoin and retinol also target age spots by boosting skin repair and renewal, and by preventing further hyperpigmentation.
Always use topical treatments with regular use of sunscreen with at least a sun protection factor (SPF) 30.
- Microdermabrasion: Since age spots are found on the deeper layers of the epidermis, or outer layer of the skin, microdermabrasion can be an effective clinical procedure to help rid your skin of age spots. Microdermabrasion works by sprinkling tiny specks of crystals on skin to exfoliate skin and trigger the production of skin cells.
- Laser Treatments: Laser treatments aim to destroy the skin cells that cause age spots to appear on skin. By breaking down melanin, age spots also lighten up. Laser treatments also catalyse skin cell repair and renewal, replacing older and dead skin cells with young skin.
- Cryotherapy: This process involves freezing the age spots affected area of the skin using liquid nitrogen. By freezing, pigmented skin is lifted up. It is thus normal for skin to appear darker and for age spots to appear more severe after undergoing cryotherapy. This seemingly worsened condition subsides within two weeks. It is important to keep treated skin moist and away from sun exposure.
The best way for you to love your skin is still by preventing age spots from appearing at all. Shield your skin from the sun all the time. If you can’t help but get sun exposure, apply sunscreen on all exposed areas of your skin. Use extra covers on skin like wide hat and sunglasses for added layer of protection. Along with these advice’s, you should also read some anti wrinkle cream reviews such as Wrinkle Rewind Review which may guide you about its benefits & safety.