Revitaderm 40 is a special formulation for extremely dry skin. It can also be used as an anti-aging product to help slow down the skin aging process. However, the formulation is marketed as a product for extreme dry skin which includes diabetic skin conditions and dry, cracked heels. It was initially available by prescription only but the formulation can now be purchased over-the-counter. The formula is water-free in order to provide hydrating benefits for more than 6 hours. It uses special active ingredients that were carefully selected for their softening and hydrating effects. One 4 oz. container is being sold online for $25.45.
The ultra-hydrating formulation is from Blainelabs which is a company known for developing and distributing dermatological products for different purposes. The company identifies the most common skin problems and finds a solution through their formulations. Blainelabs is not very well-known but the company has established a good reputation in the dermatological community in their years of operation.
How Does it Work?
Revitaderm 40 uses a combination of powerful hydrating ingredients. It is formulated to provide hydration for more than 6 hours after application. The product contains nourishing ingredients as well in order to keep the skin soft, smooth and healthy. It hydrates the skin intensively to address issues related to dryness and cracking. The formula also uses a special active ingredient for removing calluses in just a several days of use. It is clinically proven to address dryness issues using a combination of natural active ingredients that do not irritate the skin.
Revitaderm 40 Active Ingredients
- 40% Urea – It is a natural component of the tissues of the skin making up around 7% of the natural moisturizing factor of the skin. It is a powerful hydrating agent that provides fast relief to dry skin. It absorbs water and works to improve the barrier function of the skin thus its powerful moisturizing effects on the skin. The high concentration enables it to treat extreme dryness issues including cracked skin and calluses.
- Aloe Vera P2000 – This is a special Aloe Vera extract that has powerful nourishing, soothing and hydrating effects on the skin. It helps soften and smoothen the skin while also working to address various skin issues. Aloe Vera is one of the most common ingredients in skin care formulations because of its many benefits.
- Tea Tree Oil – This is a soothing ingredient that also works to moisturize the skin and address various skin issues.
- Coconut Oil – It is a potent nourishing and hydrating ingredient that helps treat various skin problems.
- Matricaria – This is a special extract from German Chamomile which has soothing and nourishing properties that help in making the skin smoother and softer.
- Cocoa Butter – It is a well-known natural moisturizing ingredient. It has been used in traditional medicine to keep the skin moisturized and minimize stretch marks along with other skin issues.
- Licorice and Burdock Root Extract – These natural extracts have nourishing effects on the skin helping clear it up and improve smoothness.
Revitaderm 40 Advantages
- Revitaderm 40 contains powerful moisturizing ingredients that are natural
- It is proven to provide lasting hydration
- The formula can even be used to address calluses
- It has been available for a long time
- The product is from a reputable company that specializes in dermatological formulations
- There are many good reviews saying it is a great moisturizing product
Revitaderm 40 Disadvantages
- The anti-aging benefits of the formula is limited
- Some users may be sensitive to certain ingredients in the formulation
- There are some negative feedbacks saying it is not very effective
Apply as needed on areas of the skin that are very dry. It is best applied to the affected areas immediately after taking a shower and just before bedtime. The supplied pumice stone and brush are for removing dead skin.
Read Next – Bella Fleur Skin Care
After carefully examining Revitaderm 40 and reading various reviews from people who have tried the product, it is a good skin care product for extremely dry skin. However, it is not really for those who are looking for an anti-aging product. The formulation works to moisturize the skin and address extreme dryness including calluses. It is from a reputable company and the formulation has been available for some time. It is surely worth trying if you’re looking for a product to address extreme skin dryness issues.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned anti-aging products and anti-wrinkle creams based on the available research: