PhytAge Plus is an anti-aging supplement which is intended to help support a healthy appearance by providing nutrients that may help address some of the visible effects of aging. It comes in the form of a capsule that you take daily, with each bottle of the product representing a month’s supply (30 capsules). It is sold only by the manufacturer, and the pricing is quite high, with one bottle going for $49.95. The product does have a ninety-day return policy, however, which will get you a full refund (less the cost of shipping).
PhytAge Plus contains a supply of natural vitamins as well as ceramide compounds, which are intended to support a healthy appearance in your skin, particularly if you’ve suffered long-term damage due to pollution, stress, sun damage or similar causes. It comes in the form of a capsule that you take once per day.
The makers of this supplement include a full list of the ingredients in this product, although they do not provide any information on how much of the active ceramide compounds are present in each capsule. There is also no clinical support cited for their formulation. However, the active ingredients are as follows:
- Vitamins: Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E and Vitamin C.
- Ceramides: Waxy esters derived from plant sources which are included in order to support the healthy appearance of skin.
- No known side effects.
- Contains a large amount of vitamins
- No animal products of any kind
- Generous money-back guarantee
- Bulk discounts are available
- There are no clinical studies cited to support the claims that this product will provide direct skin support
- Price is very high, even considering the bulk discounts
- The ingredients of this product are derived from natural sources
- It is meant to serve as a nutritional supplement to support healthy skin appearance, not to replace healthy habits and sun protection
- It can be taken by any adults, though people who have experienced some degree of skin ageing will likely get the most benefit
There are no known side effects of this product when it is administered correctly. Given that the ingredients are primarily vitamins, side effects are unlikely, but if you do experience any negative reactions, be sure to discontinue use.
The maker’s directions for this product are simple: Take one capsule per day with water.
1. How quickly could I hope to see results?
This is not entirely clear, but the manufacturers suggest that it might take up to ninety days for you to experience benefits to your skin’s appearance.
2. Does this product contain any possible allergens?
PhytAge Plus does contain compounds derived from rice as well as a small amount of rice flour.
PhytAge Plus has an excellent money-back guarantee and a professional-seeming website, as well as being free of “trial and autoship” or similar tactics. Their product also seems quite likely to have some beneficial effect. However, the price is very high, and the only ingredient that is included – ceramide compounds – to justify this price does not have any cited clinical research to back it up. As such, you might be paying a premium price for what is essentially a multivitamin.
There are products available for all price ranges, and we encourage you to do your research before you commit – so you can get the most for your hard-earned money!
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.