Acne and blackheads are like intruders who invade our skin. Some people are more prone to them than others and they can decrease* person’s self-esteem. Naturally, it is possible to eliminate* acne or blackheads and it all depends on what types of products an individual will use. If you are in constant battle against acne or blackheads and you don’t know what else to try in order to get rid of them, this article will show you how you can remove* blackheads or acne with honey and spices.
Causes of Acne
Acne usually appears on person’s face and they are usually results of these causes:
- Oil production
- Dead skin cells
- Clogged pores.
However, there are also factors that can worsen acne breakout in an individual, and they are:
Causes of Blackheads
Blackheads are small bumps, a little bit tinier than acne, and they are usually the result of clogged hair follicles. They are called blackheads because their surface is dark. Just like acne, there are some factors that can worsen the breakout of blackheads. For example:
- Excess production of body oil
- Some medications e.g. corticosteroids, androgens etc.
- Buildup of propionibacterium acnes on the skin
- Hormonal changes e.g. menstruation, taking birth control pills etc.
- Irritation of hair follicles that occurs when dead skin cells don’t shed regularly.
Honey is considered as one of the healthiest substances on the planet. It has numerous health benefits, and another great thing about honey is its positive effect on our skin. Honey is perfect for all people who want to fight blackheads or acne in natural and chemical-free way. It is also needless to mention that many skin products include honey as well. The reason why honey is good with acne and blackouts is because of its antioxidant, antiseptic, and anti-allergic properties.
FACT: did you know that honey can be used for treatment of ulcers and wounds?
Moreover, honey contains vitamins like B2, B3, and B5, which are essential for the healthy and smooth skin.
Due to antibacterial characteristics, honey kills germs inside your skin as well as the germs on the surface of your skin. It also detoxifies your body.
How to Have Healthy Skin with Honey?
The beauty of honey is in its versatile nature. Honey can be applied in form of the mask, you can apply it as any other skin product, or you can take it with drink. Considering the fact that honey masks require a lot of ingredients that aren’t always available, and they are tricky to make, it is recommended to use honey to fight against acne and blackheads like this:
- Take a little bit of honey from the jar with your fingers and place it on your palm
- Rub the hands together like you do with creams
- Rub honey gently onto your face and make sure you spread it evenly
- Wait for 15 minutes
- Use a soft cloth dipped into warm water to remove* the honey, again, gently.
Another great way to get rid of acne or blackheads and have a great skin is by taking drink with honey. Dermatologists recommend beginning the day with a spoon of honey with the glass of lukewarm water. You can also add lemon to honey and water as well.
This drink is beneficial for your skin, detoxifies your body, and according to some experts it is also perfect for people who want to lose* weight.
Due to the fact honey eliminates* bacteria and detoxifies your body, the quality of your skin will improve*, and in just a few days you will notice the difference.
If you love to use spices while cooking, then you can fight blackheads or acne with things you already have in your kitchen. Spices, just like honey, have antioxidant and antiseptic properties. Moreover, they have anti-inflammatory characteristics as well. Here is how you can use spices to eliminate* acne and blackheads very fast:
- Apply neem oil on the affected areas, just like they do in India
- Make a paste with turmeric and water and apply it to acne or blackheads
- Mix tea tree oil and water
- Mix raw honey, cloves, and cinnamon
- 1 or 2 cups of licorice tea per day is good for skin. When taking licorice tea, you should follow the cycle 7 days on, 7 days off, which means, drink tea for one week, and then pause for 7 days, and repeat the cycle.
- Witch hazel is also good for fighting blackheads.
Acne and blackheads make people feel insecure and they tend to try out various treatments and products to get rid of them. The best way to eliminate* acne and blackheads fast and effectively is to do it in completely natural way by using honey and spices. Due to their antibacterial, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties, they eliminate* the bacteria inside our skin and on its surface. Additionally, both honey and spices are good way to detoxify entire body.
You May Also Like: Avoid 6 Foods to Prevent Acne Breakouts